A-tuning showing no text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-tuning showing no text

I recently upgraded to a z87 pro3 and i7-4770k and once the system was stable and running well I installed A-Tuning from the CD to tweak things and see what kind of overclocks I could get.

The version on the CD installed without problems, but when I opened it it there was almost no text visible on the program console. I deleted it and downloaded the newest version from the Asrock website, and it had the same problem. I have also tried running as administrator but that did not help. Including a screen shot to illustrate.

What am I missing here? Been trying to search google and forums and I am either not finding anything or using the wrong search terms....thanks for any advice!

Click image for larger version

Name:	a-tuning blank.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	756250

Re: A-tuning showing no text

That's weird.

Open the following folder on your OS drive: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\A-Tuning

Once there find the folders Conf and _Conf. Open the Conf folder first. Again the full path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\A-Tuning\Conf\

You might recognize the file names in this folder as the names of ASRock boards. Your board's file is near the bottom, named Z87P3.

You can actually look at that file since it is XML code, used by Internet browsers. Double clicking it (in Windows 8) will open IE and show the file's contents. Don't change it, no need to do so, just verifying it exists and is Ok. It should have many lines in it, scrolling down quite a while.

If the files are there and yours is not empty, then something else is wrong and we'll take it from there.

Comment

Thanks, both conf files are there and have many lines of XML.

By any chance does A-Tuning need to be installed under an administrator account?

Comment

Worth a try, usually a simple right click and "Run as Administrator" will do it. That's what I do.

Comment

So has anyone found the solution to this problem? i am having the same problem and i am no a admin account. It bugging the heck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coredog View Post
            So has anyone found the solution to this problem? i am having the same problem and i am no a admin account. It bugging the heck out of me.
            Assuming the Run as Admin worked, ask the person with Admin Rights to set it to Run as Admin
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

And BTW, Hello from SW MI
              #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
              ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

The thing is im on a admin account, and it doesn't matter if run it as a administrator or not. Its the weirdest thing. no other program that i found does it. and im from SW Mi too.

Comment

Did you just get that board and have a new Windows installation? Did you run the Intel Chipset installation program, INF driver ver:9.4.0.1026 on the download page?

I have the same board, and have never seen this happen with A-Tuning.

Comment

I just got the board, installed all the drivers and utilities from the disk. I even did as you suggested and install INF driver ver: 9.40.1026 also ive tried different versions of A-tuning. Its my only program that doesn't have text like shown in the OP. and yes it is a fresh install on my new samsung 840 evo ssd which is an awesome ssd btw haha. I love the board but i can't use any of the features without that program.

Comment

Same Problem here as in the start post:
                      No text is showed in any A-Tuning Window.
                      Config:
                      Z97 Extreme6, 4670K, Use only Intel HD
                      A-Tuning default version from CD or V. 2.0.112.3 and other versions. All versions have the same issue.
                      Z97E6.xml in Conf folder looks ok.
                      OS Version is Windows 7 - x64 in German.
                      Perhaps this is an issue with german os language?
                      Did anyone find a solution ?

Comment

Originally posted by schtiewie View Post
                        Config:
                        A-Tuning default version from CD or V. 2.0.112.3 and other versions. All versions have the same issue.
                        Do you have Java installed, could try clearing Java cache...

Comment

Hello
                          Thx for reply.
                          Java Version 7 Update55 is installed. Cache is deleted. I also updated also IE from 10 to 11. Dotnet 4.51 is also installed. Visual C++ runtime in x32 and x64 is installed in Version 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012.
                          But i dont think, that Java is required, because i do a test installation a few weeks ago with a Z87 Extreme4 without Java installed.
                          That works without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by schtiewie View Post
                            Config:
                            I recently bought a Z97 Extreme 6 board, and I don't have have any problem with A-Tuning. I must say that I do not use the CD that comes with the board to install anything, I only use files downloaded from the board's main page on ASRock's website. I also have a Z87 Extreme 6 board that another person that posted in this thread has the same problem. Again, I have never seen this issue with my Z87 Extreme 6 board, and also have never used the board's CD to install anything.

First in general, you really must run the INF driver ver:10.0.13 installation program (valid for the Z97 EX 6, for the Z87 EX 6, use INF driver ver:9.4.0.1026), before installing anything else. That identifies the chipset and other hardware on the board. The installation CD may do this first, I'm not certain about that.

The Intel IME software should be installed next, but that should not be related to this problem.

BTW, I do not have Java installed.

Here's what I suggest you try. First uninstall A-Tuning by the usual Window uninstall method in the Programs and Features option. When that is complete, restart the PC.

When booted up again, on your OS drive, go to the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, and look for a folder named ASRock Utility. If it is there, go into that folder and look for a folder named A-Tuning. If you still have the A-Tuning folder, delete it. You may need to have Admin permission to do so.

If you don't have an ASRock Utility folder, or A-Tuning folder in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, don't worry about it.

At this point you probably should run a program that allows you to clean the Windows Registry, like CCleaner. Just download the free version here:

CCleaner - Download

The registry cleaner is started with a button on the upper left side of the CCleaner screen. If you've never run a registry cleaner program before, you will probably see a big list of "bad" entries. You may just want to delete any entries with "A-Tuning" in it, by right clicking on the entries. If you want to clean up everything, you'll get an option to save the current content of the registry in case something goes wrong. Do that either way, the file is not large and is used to restore the registry to its previous contents.

Once this is all done, restart the PC again. Then download the A-Tuning program from your board's page on ASRock's website to use to install A-Tuning. Don't use the version on the CD. Do not use a version of A-Tuning that is not from your board's download page.

Run that A-Tuning installer and check the result. If it is still broken, let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Coredog View Post
                              I just got the board, installed all the drivers and utilities from the disk. I even did as you suggested and install INF driver ver: 9.40.1026 also ive tried different versions of A-tuning. Its my only program that doesn't have text like shown in the OP. and yes it is a fresh install on my new samsung 840 evo ssd which is an awesome ssd btw haha. I love the board but i can't use any of the features without that program.
                              If this is a new install then I would do a complete reinstall of Windows after a disk format. The next thing I would do is only use software and updates from the ASRock support page for this motherboard:

ASRock > Z87 Pro3

The software and other updates on the CD can be outdated in comparison to the support download page and I never use the CD unless the network driver needs an update in order to connected to the Internet (to get to the support page). I would be extremely surprised if you have issues after taking both these steps.

Comment

Working...
                              X