Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help required for CPU connector - G41MH/USB3 R2.0 (mobo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required for CPU connector - G41MH/USB3 R2.0 (mobo)

Dear Sirs,

I have obtained a newer motherboard AsRock G41MH/USB3 R2.0, but have a quick question before putting it all together and powering it up..

Current Specs:

1x Weston Digital 1TB sata drive,
    1x Intel 775 2Quad Q6700 2.66Mhz
    1x Powercool 850 Watt 80+ PSU
    2x 4GB DDR3 RAM
    1x PCIe 5 USB v3.0 Ports
    1x 3.5" Floppy and Multi Card Reader Combo
    2x DVD RW's

I have a 14" Intake fan (4-pin), 92mm Exhaust fan (4-pin), and the CPU fan (3-pin)

Here's the link for the 'mobo': ASRock > G41MH/USB3 R2.0

And, here's a link to the mobo manual: ftp://europe.asrock.com/manual/G41MHUSB3%20R2.0.pdf

Page 11 of the 'pdf' file shows the 'mobo' diagram, which leads me to my question...

Please can a GURU advise me if I could use the Power Fan Connector (PWR_FAN1), for the CPU fan as they are both 3-pin as then I could control all fans via the software it come with and possibly SpeedFan.

Thank you in advance of reading my thread and posting a reply.

Regards, Jonathan
    Last edited by firebird-jpx; 10-08-2013, 09:23 AM.

Re: Help required for CPU connector - G41MH/USB3 R2.0 (mobo)

Quick answer is no.

A tradition, if not a standard, on all mother boards, is the power fan connector is not controllable by the BIOS settings or fan control software. It supplies full voltage to a fan at all times.

SpeedFan might be able to control a PowerFan connector, given its magic, but that is your only chance of controlling that connector.

No idea what CPU cooler you have, but a four pin PWM fan like those used on the Intel stock coolers, are the best for automatic fan speed control.

Comment

Dear Parsec,

1. My 775 CPU Heatsink and fan combo (3-pin) is:

Zalman CNPS7000C-AlCu LED (link): http://www.zalman.com/global/product...ad.php?Idx=314
      2. 14" Intake fan (4-pin) is:

XAF 14 Fan > XAF-F1456 (Blue w/ White LED) (link): XIGMATEK - PRODUCT

3. My Exhaust fan (4-pin) is:

Coolink 92 mm SWiF2-92P (link): http://www.coolink-europe.com/en/categories/23_26.html

4. My PSU (as it has a fan) is:

PowerCool 850W 80+ (link): http://www.amazon.co.uk/850W-Efficie...uctDescription

Hope the above helps you with the remaining Final Decision.

Kind regards, Jonathan
      Last edited by firebird-jpx; 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Ok, so your Zalman CPU cooler includes the Fan Mate 2 speed controller. The power fan connector is perfect for use with a manual fan speed controller like the Fan Mate 2, since it supplies a full 12V and is not affected by the board's fan speed control software.

Your Xigmatek and Coolink fans are both four pin PWM speed controlled fans, and will work fine with the two PWM fan connectors on your board.

Your PSU fan is controlled only by the PSU itself, and not connected to anything for power or speed control.

Comment

Working...
        X