Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Okay guys, let's see if I understood it correctly.

Time ago I've made the mistake, flashed the BIOS update to support Ivy CPU's, but now Asrock is sending me a new BIOS chip with older BIOS because i was expecting some problems.
    So, if I want to update my BIOS to the latest i cant select the one which talks about 3rd Gen Ivy CPU's, but yes if there are newer that don't make this advise? I understand it correctly?

The problem is that this model only have ONE bios to download and it's this one...

What should I do? Dont touch it and leave the version that they're sending me?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

As I told you in your thread about this, if you do the BIOS update correctly, by leaving the USB flash drive in the PC until Windows completely boots after the BIOS update, and then you install the new version of the Intel IME software, it should work fine with your i5-2500K.

As I also said, you must flash to BIOS 2.10 first if you want to use the 2.19 beta BIOS.

What is the reason you want to use the new BIOS versions?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        As I told you in your thread about this, if you do the BIOS update correctly, by leaving the USB flash drive in the PC until Windows completely boots after the BIOS update, and then you install the new version of the Intel IME software, it should work fine with your i5-2500K.

As I also said, you must flash to BIOS 2.10 first if you want to use the 2.19 beta BIOS.

What is the reason you want to use the new BIOS versions?
        No, i don't want to use the new one any more, but it was just curiosity jeje.

Today I've recived de new bios chip from asrock with 1.80 version on it.

Thanks mate!

Comment

I wish I saw this thread before I did the BIOS update.

I have a 2600k and P67 Extreme4 on Windows 10.

I flashed my BIOS to 3.1 without any of the driver or utilities updates. When it restarted the BIOS does show it updated to 3.1 but now everytime I try to boot to Windows it either gives me a "INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE" or it goes into automatic repair and tells me my PC didn't start correctly. The BIOS shows the boot order correctly and recognizes my hard drive so I don't know why it can't boot completely.

I tried resetting the windows 10 install but that didn't help. I also tried to flash the newest beta BIOS update but when I try to use the Instant Flash function it says "No image file detected."

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comment

Parsec has been a forum moderator at ASRock Forums since early May 2015.

I suggest that you post in the ASRock forum where parsec can suggest the best solution.

I think that your best or only option is to purchase a pre-flashed bios chip from ASRock that has an earlier bios version for your P67 Extreme4.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.
            Last edited by profJim; 08-11-2015, 02:53 AM.
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Ok, I've read this topic and understood that update bios is not a good idea...but I have an Asrock P67 extreme 6 with 1.60 bios and I'm trying windows 10 and it has a bug with Asrock p67 cards...the task manager shows 100% cpu usage but it's a fake, because the process details shows correctly 99% idle and even Process Explorer works fine. This problem is mostly common and described here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...fe57df9?page=1
              As you can see more users solve with a bios update...but for me if it's not a good thing to do, what can I do? Do you think there will be a safe bios update in future to give plain support to windows 10 without any issue? Thanks.

Comment

I registered after I found this thread, there's great information here.

I've got a Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard on the 1.30 BIOS. I've know updating the BIOS to the Ivy Bridge version is all kinds of bad, but there's since been further updates released on the Asrock Website. Is there a later version that is safe to update to on a Sandy Bridge processor? I'm interested in updating because I've read multiple cases that the update improved the power consumption, so I was interested in the improvement, as well as the additional UEFI features. Not sure if it's relevant, but I'm also OC'd to 4.6GHz.

Comment

I was thinking about trying windows 10.
                  On the ASROCK windows 10 update page for P67 extreme6 it shows BIOS 2.10 is to be used.
                  I sent tech support a message telling them I had BIOS 1.80
                  They only said windows 10 would work on my MB
                  But now BIOS 2.10 is compatible with sandybridge.

Comment

I have p67 extreme 4 and bios version 2.1b and my task manager show 100% cpu usage all time. This bios version is the last one for my b2 revision so i cant update anymore

Comment

• Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Originally posted by izrailsky View Post
                      I have p67 extreme 4 and bios version 2.1b and my task manager show 100% cpu usage all time. This bios version is the last one for my b2 revision so i cant update anymore
                      You can find parsec at this ASRock forum: ASRock Forums
                      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

• Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Originally posted by profJim View Post
                        You can find parsec at this ASRock forum: ASRock Forums
                        Thanks!

Comment

I'm building my friend a Win10 setup based on an old P67 Extreme4/G640 I had lying around. I'm glad I saw this post before I flashed it to 3.10. The most recent BIOS I could find that didn't support Ivy Bridge was 2.10B. I flashed it already. This would be the correct firmware for me to use, correct?Is there anything more recent? I imagine I'll eventually put a newer CPU in like an Ivy Bridge, but for now I should stick with 2.10B?Anyone know where to find 2.10E? I just noticed my board is B3, so it's fine as far as the SATA problem goes.
                          Last edited by Wag; 07-07-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wag View Post
                            I'm building my friend a Win10 setup based on an old P67 Extreme4/G640 I had lying around. I'm glad I saw this post before I flashed it to 3.10. The most recent BIOS I could find that didn't support Ivy Bridge was 2.10B. I flashed it already. This would be the correct firmware for me to use, correct?Is there anything more recent? I imagine I'll eventually put a newer CPU in like an Ivy Bridge, but for now I should stick with 2.10B?Anyone know where to find 2.10E? I just noticed my board is B3, so it's fine as far as the SATA problem goes.
                            3.1 bios which contains intel management engive v8.xxxx (unsupported by B2 revision) should wok fine with B3 board

Comment

Originally posted by izrailsky View Post
                              3.1 bios which contains intel management engive v8.xxxx (unsupported by B2 revision) should wok fine with B3 board
                              But I thought the whole point of this thread was to warn people not to use 3.10 with Sandy Bridge based cpus? Or am I OK because I have a B3 revision P67 Extreme4?
                              Last edited by Wag; 07-07-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wag View Post
                                But I thought the whole point of this thread was to warn people not to use 3.10 with Sandy Bridge based cpus? Or am I OK because I have a B3 revision P67 Extreme4?
                                You have chance to check it by your own :) Intel ME causes all the problems , because 3.1 contains 8xx ME vesion that is uncompatible with b2.I think it will work well with b3 and sandy bridge, but really, there is no reason to update bios, though 3.1 interface looks and works better it wont change anything for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X