Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc will not power down

Hi Guys

Got a strange one, when I select shutdown from start menu or use the power button, windows does the usual shutdown, then the screen goes blank. It appears the mother board has shut down but the power supply has not bee told to turn off as fans are still running.
    Any one had a problem like that before. I was running win8, the power supply shut down no problems now I have reinstalled win7 and it will not completely power down?

Re: Pc will not power down

Thought it might be hibernation/ sleep problems, but with win7 not win8?
    Z77 OC FORMULA RIP -------- Asus P8Z77-V
    CORSAIR TX 650W -------------XFX PRO 550W
    I7-3770K ------------------------- I7-3770K
    Thermalright HR-01+---------- Thermalright HR-01+
    KHX2133C11D3K4/16GX------- KHX2133C11D3K4/16GX
    HIS HD6450 RIP---------------- INTEL 4000-- GTX550 TI
    LIAN LI PC-A70F ----------------Coolermaster 330

Comment

Yea, I have that problem right now. Win 7/64, Z77 OC Formula. I can put the computer into sleep mode, and everything powers down. But, when I push shutdown, in windows, windows shuts down, but the fans and power supply are still running. I have to push and hold the off button on the case for about 5 seconds to shut the computer down.
      I posted about this problem 2 weeks ago, and have yet to find a solution.
      good luck, i'll follow this post too, to see if anyone comes up with a fix.
      I'm also using "formula drive" with a ram drive, IES enabled, but no over-clocking-if that helps.
      MB: AsRock OC Formula Z77 LGA 1155
      CPU: Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5Ghz
      CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
      RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripsaw DDR3-1866Mhz
      GPU: 2X Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 Ram, in Crossfire
      HD1: Intel SSD 520 Series Cherryville 240GB
      HD2: WD Black 1TB 64MB Cache Ram 7200

Comment

Try a clean boot & see if you still have the problem.

Comment

Strangely, my problem has been solve. I had a Microsoft X4 Sidewinder keyboard, and bought a new keyboard-a Logitech G510. Plugged in the new keyboard, installed the software-now when I hit "shutdown" the computer exits windows, and shuts down completely. To turn the computer back on, I only need to nudge the mouse or touch a key on the keyboard, and the computer boots up.
          Also, I can now also put the computer into "sleep" mode.

I'm completely baffled as to how just changing from 1 USB keyboard, to another-now allows the computer to be property shut down. But for now, I'm not messing with anything.
          on the down side-when I put the computer to sleep, then wake it, i need to exit the Logitech gaming software, and restart it, so it loads the "macro's" into the keyboards memory. that's the most brilliant thing about the Logitech G series keyboard-the macro's. I can record a string of typing-then, with just a push of a single key, it automatically repeats whatever I typed. Love this for repetitive entries I need to type into a program I use for Work.
          Last edited by havasuphto; 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM.
          MB: AsRock OC Formula Z77 LGA 1155
          CPU: Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5Ghz
          CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
          RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripsaw DDR3-1866Mhz
          GPU: 2X Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 Ram, in Crossfire
          HD1: Intel SSD 520 Series Cherryville 240GB
          HD2: WD Black 1TB 64MB Cache Ram 7200

Comment

Working...
          X