Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Z68 Extreme4 2.20 is giving me BSOD

Originally posted by Lord Odin View Post
    I was incorrect; I didn't try defaulting some of my values. Through some testing, I found out that I had to lower my Load Optimized CPU OC from 4.6ghz down to 4.4ghz. Doing so has made the system stable again for now until I can do more thorough testing.
    4.4 should be stable. above that gets tricky.
    Speed is the limit

Comment

Originally posted by Babdi View Post
      4.4 should be stable. above that gets tricky.
      Before this update, I was running 4.6 through simply selecting the option; no tweaking required and was rock solid for months. Updates are supposed to make things better; not worse. They changed something that I need to now manually tweak.

Comment

Hi
        I think i have same problem after flashing BIOS v2.20 not much BSOD but random freeze. :(

I left my PC during night so my brother can watch a movie with his frends in other room through lan and when i wake up in the morning PC was working but it was frozen.
        Before i just go in Bios Load 4.4 GHz, Save and exit and everything was fine. Now i can`t even make working on 4.2 Ghz. PC Lock up random even in bios boot or after bios or in Windows loading. Just Random...
        Now i`m on default clock and first boot locked in bios after second reboot but i`m in windows now and it`s working "for now".
        I flashed to 2.20 because i plan to buy new cpu next week for some small $$ upgrade because someone wanted my 2600K and on asrock site is written that i need new drivers bios etc...

Can i flash old 2.10 bios? Is that better?

Comment

I thought I should give an update about my status.

Well I've got some good news and great news. The good news is that I'm no longer getting BSOD's or freezes. The great news is that I'm now getting even better performance than when I originally started! It turned out to be caused from improper memory settings. Once I selected XMP Profile 2 (something I forgot to do before), I was able to re-enable all settings and bump my Turbo from 4.6ghz up to 4.8ghz and its rock solid. I can't wait to give Turbo 50 to see if I can break the 5ghz barrier.

Comment

Congrats on the latest news - lets hope all remains ok now.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X