Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock z77 extreme4. Bios flash failure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock z77 extreme4. Bios flash failure.

Originally posted by kraijeck View Post
    Hi
    I have problem after flash bios from 1.7 to 1.8

After completed , push enter and system restart.......

It just power up and no more, Fan still on, can open DVD , Debug show "00" ?, reset button not work, no signal Video on board (I didn't have Video Card Install)

Before, Flash bios 1.3 to 1.7 success with no problem

i7-2600k

Now after return the board to get a new one, No more problem..... Bios update again? No! thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacho56 View Post
      Fixed!!
      now so no one else has to go through that, here's what I did.
      throw all the bios files on a bootable thumb drive (cheers mac!) (I think it was the instant flash files that did it, not dos.) and run that in a usb 2.0 port. it cycles through more Dr. debug messages and voila!
      Thanks heaps for the help!
      Tacho how long did the process take?? I had the same problem as you and it just sits there with the F2 code. I made the bootable disk put the bios file on it and still nothing. it just sits there and never posts.. did I miss something""

Comment

Originally posted by beaudry79 View Post
        Tacho how long did the process take?? I had the same problem as you and it just sits there with the F2 code. I made the bootable disk put the bios file on it and still nothing. it just sits there and never posts.. did I miss something""
        It didnt take long at all mate, just copied all the extracted files for the 1.8 bios (windows, DOS and instantflash) onto a disk made bootable with the program mac specified earlier, put that into the usb 2.0 port, turned it on, sat there for a sec as it went through F1, then F2, then it cycled through some other errors, restarted by itself, F1 again, and just left it for a few more seconds and the screen started showing the bios installing!

Comment

It didnt take long at all mate, just copied all the extracted files for the 1.8 bios (windows, DOS and instantflash) onto a disk made bootable with the program mac specified earlier, put that into the usb 2.0 port, turned it on, sat there for a sec as it went through F1, then F2, then it cycled through some other errors, restarted by itself, F1 again, and just left it for a few more seconds and the screen started showing the bios installing!
          Looks like im not going to have the same luck.... it just sits at F2 and does nothing..

Comment

Looks like im not going to have the same luck.... it just sits at F2 and does nothing..
            Well it clearly has the ability to recover, so I would be surprised if you couldn't get the same results. Is the drive formatted to fat 32?

Comment

Well it clearly has the ability to recover, so I would be surprised if you couldn't get the same results. Is the drive formatted to fat 32?
              Yes. did you have to rename your BIOS file to 8 characters or less.

Comment

OMG You guys are great!!! It was my fault I did a quick format not a full one. It works and was recovered. Thank you so much!!!!

Comment

Yes. did you have to rename your BIOS file to 8 characters or less.
                  I don't think so. At first I did only have the DOS file, both renamed to bios.exe, and another copy of it I changed to bios.dos. But this didn't work for me. That's when I threw all the other files on there as well, exactly as they extracted, and it worked.

Comment

OMG You guys are great!!! It was my fault I did a quick format not a full one. It works and was recovered. Thank you so much!!!!
                    No worries mate, great to see we're getting it sorted for other people who have the same problem!

Comment

No worries mate, great to see we're getting it sorted for other people who have the same problem!
                      Tacho,
                      When you rename the bios file I think it should be a .80 file format eg Z77ext41.80, not an exe etc. might have made it quicker.
                      Not to worry though, you got it done anyhow. LOL
                      Glad to hear all's well.
                      Cheers,
                      Mac

Comment

YOU GUYS ROCK!

It totally worked, I lost my bios when it was updating through the internet feature from 2.70 to 2.80. The bios code was F1, to F2, then to F9 beeping the whole way. All I had to do was unzip the instant flash file on a flash drive (Z77 Extreme4(2.80)ROM.zip) and bott it back up and the recover of the UEFI was instant. Nice on ASrock on having this feature, to bad it is poorly documented(ie I could not find it anywhere!).

Thank you guys so much for sharing your knowledge!

Comment

I haven't had such luck like you guys. My dr. debug on my Asrock 970 Extreme 4 showed 00 and nothing else. was completely dead. it's kind of funny like my motherboard died, i flashed my bios using Instant Flash from bios menu and at the end was "Programming succes, press Enter to reboot" I pressed enter and that was it. my system never booted again. I have send it to service today after i spent 5 hours on the net trying to find a way to recover it but nothing worked. And today after i had send it, i started to google again for methods and by luck or by mistake i have found a method called "Hot Flashing" and it's really awsome. I'm upset because i haven't had the chance to try it but if someone will try it please post here the results. The method is like this:
                          You will need a motherboard identical from the one "dead". Actually, the motherboard doesn't need to be exactly the same, but has to be compatible with the BIOS CHIP from your defective motherboard.
                          The procedure to reprogram the erased BIOS chip is the following:
                          -Turn on the good motherboard and boot it with a Bootable USB Stick (of course you will need to install CPU, memory, VGA etc to this motherboard for it to work).
                          -
                          At the DOS prompt, remove the good chip and replace it with the erased chip. Yes, with the computer turned on.
                          -
                          Run the programming software and reprogram the bad chip the normal way (Dos Mode).
                          -
                          Turn off the computer, remove the reprogrammed chip and install back the original (good) chip.
                          -
                          Install the reprogrammed chip on the "dead" motherboard and test it.
                          -
                          The defective motherboard should be working now.

More details can be found here:
                          Tech ARP - Hot Flashing Guide Rev. 2.0 and sorry for my english :)

Comment

Working...
                          X