ASRock Fata1ity Z68 Professional Gen3
    Intel iCore 7 2600k
    Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4
    Kingston SSDNow KC100 120GB
    XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    LG Bluray Burner
    Corsair D600 Case
    Corsair HX850 Power Supply

The system powered up no problems once I set everything up I installed the OS and all of the drivers. I then played some games for about an hour and shutdown my system. When I went to power it back on the system went into UEFI setup automatically I went ahead and selected exit and discard the settings. The the system reboots back into UEFI Setup once again so this time I select save settings and exit after I did that the system rebooted but this time just froze on boot up screen I looked at the board and saw error code 0d. I then follow the procedures to clear the CMOS to factory default powered the system back on the system worked. I then restarted the system and went and set my hard drive settings back to AHCI from IDE and saved and exited the UEFI setup only to come back to the same issue with the system freezing on the boot screen. I have reseated the memory, hard drive, bluray player, video card. Even after all of this it will start up once fine but freeze on again after one reboot and goes back to error code 0d I have also removed the video card and used the onboard video card to come to the same issue. Also in order to get it to boot up I have to clear the CMOS every time it freezes. I am out of ideas I am just about to go to the store and have the board replaced. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
    Cris

Re: Problem with ASRock Z68 Professional Gen3

120gb ssd is your only rapid write/read storage medium?
    save the default..the ide boot,then shutdown. then reset the cmos.Then boot up again see if the ssd is recognised as a boot device.
    If it isnt ,or maybe even if it is make the dvd drive your boot drive resave,pop in your windows installation dvd n see what happens. 120 gb with windows 7/64 and a few games on it could compromise the ssd ,you dont want anything that could fill it up more than to say 80% of total capacity.
    a 2gb vid card (for a big monitor n hi resolutions?) n 4x4 gig of ram +120gb for the os + more than 1 game doesnt seem ideal.If you have a normal hdd with the games on that n just didnt post it in specs.. disregard :)
    Last edited by kick; 12-31-2011, 04:37 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

The specs are right I don't really play many games other than StarCraft 2 right now. I have plenty of storage on a Raid 5 6TB DAS where all of my files are kept as well a 3TB NAS I may add a secondary 1TB drive to this PC but I dont have the need right now. I ended up going to the store and exchanging the faulty motherboard for a new one as well I exchanged the corsair memory for kingston memory that was on the compatability list for this motherboard on ASRocks site. Everything came back online just fine I configured the SATA to AHCI and all seems well so hopefully there is not an issue again.

Thanks,
      Cris

Comment

So I ended up experiencing the same issue after replacing the motherboard. I shutdown the computer an hour later then did a cold start and it froze at the boot screen. I did some further troubleshooting I discovered that I had left my UPS (Cyberpower CP1500AVRLCD) plugged into the USB port so I unplugged it and I have not had the issue since.

Comment

Hi crod ...hmm interesting handle

I am curious as to which USB port did you have the UPS plugged into? Was the UPS recognized by Win7? and did you configure the Power settings in Win7?
          Perhaps this info might save someone else some grief if they had this information at hand...

My UPS is connected to a USB 2.0 port see screencap and never gave me any issues at all...

Comment

Working...
          X