Win XP boot issues with ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Win XP boot issues with ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3

Awesome. Glad you got it. That EasyBCD is good to know. Nowhere near the feature set of Bootit, but for your immediate problem, looks like the quick and easy solution, for now, and for free. Hard to beat that!
    Asrock z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 / i7 2600k / 4x4GB GSkill 1333 RAM / Crucial m4 128GB / Win 7 Ult 64 / WD Black 640GB / Win XP Pro / Several Hitachi Deskstar 1TB HDs / NZXT Hale90 650W PSU / AzzA Hurrican 2000 Case

Comment

Originally posted by roscolo View Post
      Awesome. Glad you got it. That EasyBCD is good to know. Nowhere near the feature set of Bootit, but for your immediate problem, looks like the quick and easy solution, for now, and for free. Hard to beat that!
      If you check out the last part of my previous post, you'll see that I can't get the Intel INF package to install in XP, says needs Administrator and stop, even though I am the Administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by FAUguy View Post
        If you check out the last part of my previous post, you'll see that I can't get the Intel INF package to install in XP, says needs Administrator and stop, even though I am the Administrator.
        Wonder if that's related to this not being a clean new XP installation? Because I had no problems installing any of the drivers or utilities on the CD.
        Asrock z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 / i7 2600k / 4x4GB GSkill 1333 RAM / Crucial m4 128GB / Win 7 Ult 64 / WD Black 640GB / Win XP Pro / Several Hitachi Deskstar 1TB HDs / NZXT Hale90 650W PSU / AzzA Hurrican 2000 Case

Comment

Originally posted by roscolo View Post
          Wonder if that's related to this not being a clean new XP installation? Because I had no problems installing any of the drivers or utilities on the CD.
          I'm not sure, as every other driver was able to install. Just the Intel INF one says it need to be done by Administrator, which I am logged in as.
          When when I go to the Device Manager, everything looks fine there, no yellow question marks next to anything.
          So I'm not sure if the Intel INF can't install, what won't work.

Comment

Working...
          X