Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About unlock cores (Phenom II X2 555) in ASROCK 770 Extreme 3

Hello
    any one here have unlocked other cores (Phenom II X2 555) in ASROCK 770 Extreme 3
    if there is some one here make it i want to ask him about the Vcore before & after he make the unlock and the options that changed to make the unlock Successfully and the version of Bios that used
    Thanks with regards

Re: About unlock cores (Phenom II X2 555) in ASROCK 770 Extreme 3

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Κανονικός πίνακας"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> I successfully unlock my 550 without any extra vcore

Comment

this option i see it but when i set it to auto the computer powers on, but does not boot just blank screen

Comment

set the "all cores" option.

and cpu active core control -> enable

Comment

Originally posted by g10 View Post
          set the "all cores" option.

and cpu active core control -> enable
          I change it but same thing (computer does not boot )
          even i set to per core and try three cores with 4% and same thing & i try to set per core
          core 0 to 4% & core 1 to 4% just to two cores(just to see if the computer will boot) and same thing (computer does not boot )
          is there is another option that i have missed it ,aim thinking that this mobo (ASROCK 770 Extreme 3) doesnot support unlocking cores or aim wrong
          MOBO:ASROCK 770 Extreme 3
          Chipset
          - Northbridge: AMD 770
          - Southbridge: AMD SB710
          CPU:AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2Ghz 7MB
          when i enable the cpu active core control i see 2 cores not 4 coreshttp://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6881/3800x595.jpg
          Last edited by Husam; 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Husam View Post
            I change it but same thing (computer does not boot )
            even i set to per core and try three cores with 4% and same thing & i try to set per core
            core 0 to 4% & core 1 to 4% just to two cores(just to see if the computer will boot) and same thing (computer does not boot )
            is there is another option that i have missed it ,aim thinking that this mobo (ASROCK 770 Extreme 3) doesnot support unlocking cores or aim wrong
            MOBO:ASROCK 770 Extreme 3
            Chipset
            - Northbridge: AMD 770
            - Southbridge: AMD SB710
            CPU:AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2Ghz 7MB
            when i enable the cpu active core control i see 2 cores not 4 coreshttp://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6881/3800x595.jpg
            set Advanced Clock Calibration -> All cores
            set cpu active core control -> enable
            i mean both options ..... then save changes and reboot... if nothing happens then your cpu can't be unlock at leats with this mobo...

Comment

I made it but the same thing (computer does not boot )
              ok thank you very much g10 for helping me
              i will try in another mobo
              thanks

Comment

From experience and from several guides I've read on the net, one should set ACC to Auto, and then enable the board's unlocking function (in this case "active core control"). [Official]AMD K10.5 Core & Cache Unlocking Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
                Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
                  From experience and from several guides I've read on the net, one should set ACC to Auto, and then enable the board's unlocking function (in this case "active core control"). [Official]AMD K10.5 Core & Cache Unlocking Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
                  Thank you Psycho101,I made it but the same thing (computer does not boot )
                  i will try to give Northbridge some voltage now it is 1.2
                  i want to ask you the voltage of Vcor is 1.392=1.4 (is it much?)its the Original settings
                  if i reduce to 1.35-1.33 it can this make computer boot or aim wrong about this

Comment

I have the same MB, Asrock 770 Extreme3 and a Phenom II X2 555 BE. It unlocks without changing any voltage, at least manually. I am using it as a X4. But I've read somewhere, that not all Phenom II X2 555 cpus are unlockable. On a shops review page somebody switched 3 Phenom II X2 555, until the 4th could be unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by tevike View Post
                      I have the same MB, Asrock 770 Extreme3 and a Phenom II X2 555 BE. It unlocks without changing any voltage, at least manually. I am using it as a X4. But I've read somewhere, that not all Phenom II X2 555 cpus are unlockable. On a shops review page somebody switched 3 Phenom II X2 555, until the 4th could be unlocked.
                      Thanks for your replay tevike ,could you show me please the option (cpu active core control) picture frome your bios and all the option that you change it to make the unlocked Successfully and the version of Bios
                      thanks tevike

Comment

My current bios version is 1.80, but the board came with 1.60 and it was working on that also. I just enabled core control, haven't changed anything else. All other options are Auto. I've attached a screenshot. Now my cpu is detected as a Phenom X4 B55.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bios1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	751367

Comment

My current bios version is 1.80, but the board came with 1.60 and it was working on that also. I just enabled core control, haven't changed anything else. All other options are Auto. I've attached a screenshot. Now my cpu is detected as a Phenom X4 B55.

[ATTACH]3464[/ATTACH]
                          ok tevike i have the same version of bios 1.8 but when i set the advanced clock calibration to auto and then set cpu active core control to enabled the donot show me 4 cores it show me just 2 cores why Click image for larger version

Name:	bios.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	751368??? i know even if the cpu have a two broken cores they show me in the cpu active core control option but why they show me just two?????? tevike could you please show me a picture from the bios (H/M monitor) to see your voltages

Comment

In the H/M page of the bios I have a Vcore of 1.392 with Cool and quiet enabled. And at ACC I have 4 cores only after I enable it and restart. Else it shows only 2 cores.

Comment

In the H/M page of the bios I have a Vcore of 1.392 with Cool and quiet enabled. And at ACC I have 4 cores only after I enable it and restart. Else it shows only 2 cores.
                              Ok thank you very much tevike

Comment

Working...
                              X