Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock 890Gm Pro3 problems

Thanks for replying.

Since my last post, I haven't had a single freeze. I'd say that patriot memory can't handle the voltage changes the cool 'n' quiet implements to put the PC into a power save mode.

My USB3 port is still enabled and in use with a USB peripheral (not sure exactly what's plugged into this port - mouse, eco button, camera or printer). Was your USB3 port in use whilst you were having instabilities?

Comment

At that time i didnt have anything plugged into that usb 3 port. It unusual! I havent had a single bsod since aug last yr until last night when i enabled it again to test. The symptom was quite wierd, even idling caused bsod.I have 16gb (4x4gb) of g.skill ripjaws cl9d @1.6ghz.

Comment

Coul be related to your Gskill memory. Different memory, different trigger.

My PC BSOD's were due to incompatible hardware which I removed and rebuilt the PC. After that I only had system freezes at random times. If the computer was under load, it didn't seem to freeze until it became idle. The freeze would have occurred when the cool 'n' quiet recognised the computer being in an idle state so it dropped system voltages including memory voltages which froze the system sometime after this point.

Comment

Working...
        X