Asrock 890Gm Pro3 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 890Gm Pro3 problems

New build with the Asrock 890Gm Pro3 board running win7 x68. Processor is a AMD Phenon X2 555 3.2 ghz with 2 2gig strips of the following Adata memory:
    Newegg.com - A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-2G

I'm having problems with things locking up. The IE browser with suddenly lock and report not responding. Doing with email and most programs. I not sure this is compatible memory but would like to confirm.

Please let me know.

Tks

Re: Asrock 890Gm Pro3 problems

I have the same MOBO with AMD Phenom II 3.1 Ghz and 2 X 2 Gig DDR 3 1333 Ripjaw memory. IE has locked up several times since start up last night. Anyone else having these probs?

Comment

I have this MB with an AMD X6 1055T CPU, 1x4G Patriot DDR3 1333 memory and Win7 PRO 64bit.

Built this computer 2 days ago and it has frozen about 5 times whilst using outlook, IE and with all windows closed. A couple of times the PC has instantly turned off without warning. Each CPU core is sitting between 20Cand 23C so it's definately not heat related but I replaced the stock heatsink compound with Antec Silver Thermal Compound anyway. Have run memtest 86 but found no errors.

Comment

I reloaded an old Seagate 500 gig with win7x86 Ultimate and haven't had any lockups. Seems like their is an issue in the onboard HD controller. Seems there apparently are HD's it doesn't like.

Don't think it's memory related. I ordered 2x2 (4gig) of Corsair memory on the ASrock AVL list and still locked up til I changed the HD.

Maybe an update of a factory ROM will catch the issue.

Comment

My hdd is a Samsung SATA2 500GB. Hope that's not the problem because I don't have a spare SATA hdd.

I have update the bios to version 1.60 and set the RAM voltage from auto to 1.5v which is in accordance with the manufacturers specs. Will see how it goes and report back.

Comment

Had to rebuild, too many freezes, bsod's and instant restarts. Computer online for 2 hours now, all drivers reinstalled, will see how it goes.

I'm thinking that the problems were caused by incorrect drivers for 2 different PCI IDE/SATA cards that I couldn't get to work so I yanked them and will forfeit the IDE device idea. Now have 2 IDE DVD burners and 2 IDE HDD's that are useless for now.

If there are no more freezes, BSOD's or instant restarts then I put it down to the PCI cards and their dodgy unstable/incompatible drivers. Will report back with results in a couple of days.

Comment

2 days and stable. Must have been dodgy drivers.

Should have performed rebuild straight away.

Comment

Anyone still having problems? Since my rebuild I still get the odd screen freeze and bsod. Bsod could be related to the Microsoft Intellipoint mouse drivers. The reason I think the mouse drivers are causing the bsod's is because they all seem to occur when I'm on the net and seem to happen when I use the middle button to open links in a new tab or use it to close a tab. I Have replaced the mouse and haven't had a bsod in 5 days but I still get the odd freeze. The last one occurred after downloading a file and the PC was just sitting there idle.

Comment

** SOLVED **

1. I swapped out RAM but PC still froze randomly.
                  2. I had 3 virtual machines running and utilised 7.5 out of 8 gig of RAM but PC didn't freeze??

Solution - Swapped out power supply. NO MORE FREEZING.

The old power supply could have been the reason my old motherboard died or the old motherboard damaged the power supply?
                  Last edited by pbezza; 03-21-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Glad to see you solved your problem.

The power supply killed the motherboard. It was probably sending way too high voltages to it.

Comment

Scratch that, PC froze again.

PC was sitting idle with Incredimail in the foreground.

Comment

Top reasons pc freezes:

1. Ram
                        2. Virus/spyware
                        3.Drivers
                        4.Overheating.

Comment

I read somewhere that Trend Micro can cause Windows 7 to freeze so I uninstalled it but the PC froze the next day. I then ran a reg cleaner which cleaned out 700+ entries. PC hasn't froze since running reg cleaner 1 week ago. Fingers crossed.

Comment

PC froze 1 week after last post. I then applied v1.5 firmware but PC froze about 20 minutes later. I rebooted and went through all bios options until the 'Cool n Quiet' setting caught my attention. It says something about being incompatible with some types of memory so disable if system problems are encountered.

Cool n Quiet is now disabled and PC hasn't frozen in 2 weeks. Not holding my breath at this point in time. Still on firmware v1.5.

Comment

Hello guys,

I used to experience instability when i first built my system (aug 2010) but after disabling usb 3.0 function in bios my system have been happy ever since. Try it and let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X