I didn't know that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know that!

All of my components came today and I started to build my new computer with an ASRock 890FX MB. I prepared my Zalman Cooler and was about to install it. I unpacked my AMD CPU and opened the manual that came with it. I read the "Read This First" and there in Black & White, (They do not use color) it says under #2. "Use only the Heatsink/Fan provided. Use of any other heatsink/fan will void the warranty." Did you know this?

Re: I didn't know that!

yup. :-)
    also overclocking voids warranty.
    i always use stock cooler/fan for everything. never had heat problems before since I don't overclock

Comment

yes but you have to remove the heatsink anyway when RMAing, so I don't see the point in this being an effective policy in any way. How can one tell if there was overclocking or another heatsink. for overclocking, you have to be that brute to fry your cpu to void the warranty practically. who buys a BE processor without playing with the multi?

Comment

Nope I don't think they can tell. But if you broke the hardware by overclocking or installing a third-party heatsink/fan, then it is your fault and if you do RMA it then you are being a bad boy/girl ;-)

The mere act of replacing the heatsink/fan or overclocking voids the warranty. It does not matter if the hardware is broken.

But that doesn't stop people from lying to the manufacturers in order to get their RMA request approved.

Comment

Working...
        X