Please Help Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me

ok before getting a new hard drive and win xp i ran counter-strike perfectly fine with 64mb ram and p3 850 but since i got a new hard drive and win xp i cant play cs beacuse a message comes up after tri\ying to enter a game. "virtual memory minimum to low windows is increasing it during this time some apllication might not work

I think that my memory is the prob since i know that xp needs alot but is that the problem and will bying more ram solve it

Comment

Find compatible DRAM memory and SSD upgrades for your PC or Laptop with our Crucial Advisor tool or Crucial System Scanner, with FREE US delivery!
      <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
      <P ALIGN=CENTER>
      <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
      </script>
      </P>
      <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

Yeah , windows xp has used up all your 64 mb of ram and basically cs won't run off your virtual memory cause its too slow.
        Just slot in another 256 mb of ram into your machine and cs should run fine...ram is so cheap atm as well ~ :bounce:

Comment

Alternatively;
          save yourself some money and use the OS you had before.
          No need to throw money at the problem, XP is the fault.
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

My rule of thumb is if it don't pull 1GHz and doesn't have at least 256MB of memory then 98SE is a more suitable os if installed properly than XP (waits for flames with fire extinguisher).

Comment

I'd agree with that...switch back to Windows98 as you simply don't have enough memory to run games and applications smoothly on XP.

Alternatively, if you want to stick with WinXP, go to Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance Settings>Advanced, click the Change button at the bottom, and set a custom size of around 600MB min/max. You may need more than that, but try 600MB to start with. That will get rid of the error where Windows continually has to resize your swapfile.
              My Machine

Comment

I ran WinXP on a pc with the following

AMD K6 200mhz 128mb pc66 sdram
                Amptron PM9100 2mb Trident vga card
                20gb Maxtor hdd

and it worked fine

Comment

But even with all the candyeye turned off it would still have been painfully slow. :rolleyes2

Comment

I didnt think it was too bad, but the main reason i used it was because 98SE always gave me all it could problemwise

Comment

That would only have been because the setup was flawed and ya didn't load the missing .vxd files as soon as the os was loaded. ;)

Comment

Oh well, ill haveto getthose when i bget a few p2's and use 98 again

Comment

I recommend that you stick with Windows XP. I like it a lot better than Windows 98 and the system restore feature can be a big help if you run into problems.

RAM is so cheap right now that you should just go pick up a 256 MB stick.

Comment

Yes, sometimes the best tweak is...MORE RAM :)
                            My Machine

Comment

Working...
                            X