Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or did SP1 make my computer boot a LOT slower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and by BM you mean Bowl Movement, right? lol :snip:

Comment

yeah...right

or Bum Movement...LOL :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by ranger
        Actually i lost over 2000 with my last BM.....Did a bit of reasearch and uninstalled some programs...including my Asus Tweak prog. Suddenly i got my BM back. I think the combination of SP1 + Asus Tweak and Nvida 40.41 might had something 2 do with it Anyway...after installing SP1 ...again...everything runs "normal" untill Mr Gates finds my machine and shuts it down...LOL :snip:

A tip 2 u all. Try uninstalling programs u dont need or other tweak programs...i ve got the feeling "they" dont like SP1 2 much...or is it the other way around...hehe
        Ah, that sucks...I have had a trouble free upgrade to SP1, obviously you've found the problem and I cant say that I am surprised it was a hardware monitor of some sort that caused it. Those things aren't the most compatible pieces of software by their nature. As for Mr. Gates finding your computer again, he already knows where it is. In case nobody has noticed WindowsXP is full of security holes that are exploited on a daily basis. Mr. Gates even has the 'Windows Update' system that Microsoft has been known to use in the the futile battle with 'software pirates!' Have you run the benchmarks on Windows 2000 SP3? I founds some really funny errors in SP3 as well, when I went to windows update after installing SP3 it gave me the rather comical error, "You must be running a Windows operating system in order to use this page" or something to this effect. I put the URL of the error page it redirected me to in my favorites somewhere. I will dig it up sometime so you can see the page.

I think it may be the programs dont like SP1...SP1 seems to be pretty well programmed as far as I can see so far. The new system for keeping Microsoft proprietary programs in check seems to work pretty well. I have managed to force the thing to allow Netscape as the default browser. :D

Originally posted by rodneyck
        ...and by BM you mean Bowl Movement, right? lol :snip:
        Rodneyck, thats rather disturbing that you somehow got something like that from "Benchmark". Perhaps some things are better left unsaid. :)

yeah...right

or Bum Movement...LOL :laugh:
        Thats the most immature thing i've read all day... Congratulations, you have lowered my IQ by at least 10 points. :(

Comment

Geesh... lighten up guys. Someone isn't getting out enough.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by rodneyck
            Geesh... lighten up guys. Someone isn't getting out enough.... lol

Ha, well your the one engaging in infantile activities which are resulting in the drastic decrease in every poor souls IQ! :D

Comment

it was supposed 2 be a stupid joke

Mayb i should Benchmark my IQ...LOL ...b4 and after...hehe :cheers:

Comment

:rolleyes:

Not sure whether to take the plunge and install SP1 or not.
                My current problem is that I am gathering "Hotfixes" in my "Add/Remove Programmes" like there's no tomorrow and XP is taking longer and longer to shutdown.
                Are these two related?
                Can I safley remove Hotfixes?
                Will SP1 solve either issue?

Comment

it was supposed 2 be a stupid joke

Mayb i should Benchmark my IQ...LOL ...b4 and after...hehe :cheers:
                  Ha, yeah do that...You may do better or worse than you think. :)

Originally posted by john lattimore
                  :rolleyes:

Not sure whether to take the plunge and install SP1 or not.
                  My current problem is that I am gathering "Hotfixes" in my "Add/Remove Programmes" like there's no tomorrow and XP is taking longer and longer to shutdown.
                  Are these two related?
                  Can I safley remove Hotfixes?
                  Will SP1 solve either issue?
                  I think a lot of people will wait for a while.

Comment

I know of a couple other people saying the same thing about boot times and memory usage. In order to avoid things like that happening, put SP1 over a clean install, or wait until M$ releases a patch for what SHOULD be still in the Beta Testing stage. SP1 does fix a couple of serious security flaws, BUT .......
                    mostly I think it was to shut down the pirated copies floating around as well as to throw the Department of Justice a bone in the now infamous anti-trust suit.

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Comment

Working...
                    X