Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or did SP1 make my computer boot a LOT slower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or did SP1 make my computer boot a LOT slower?

after i restarted from installing SP1, my computer felt MUCH more laggier and it took twice the time it usually does to boot, do any of you have the same problems after installing sp1? or did it boot slower or anything please help thanks

The first time I booted after SP1 it took about 40 seconds longer than usual, then after that I was getting normal start up times.

Comment

I have the same problem. I found out that after i installed sp1 xp is using memory like hell! I have 512 mb ram and that should be enough but after a couple of hours I only have about 45mb free! this is boring because I have to free memory all the time

Comment

Woah! Are you serious? Thats not good...I had no such problems here, I wonder if I was just lucky. :(

Comment

I was a little fast there. I have reinstalled everything and it seems like it wasn't the sp1 that ate my memory , but dc or the tweakoption in tweakxp... sorry about that

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus134
            I was a little fast there. I have reinstalled everything and it seems like it wasn't the sp1 that ate my memory , but dc or the tweakoption in tweakxp... sorry about that
            Well, that is quite normal...the second people get problems after installing a Service Pack...they love to blame any problems on the service pack itself, especially in the case of Microsoft. I do it sometimes but I would recommend looking further into problems before crying wolf. :)

Comment

I don't know, there seems to be A LOT of threads with people posting various problems occuring after the sp1 install. I doubt they are all coincidental. I am waiting...

Comment

Sp1 is fine on mine anyways

sure there are things that happen but most seem related to tweaks done like services that were disabled or boot screens that were changed other than that I have not seen any real trouble related to sp1

yo rod wazzzzzzzzzz up :thumb:

Comment

Hey Kermit, nice to see you over here on TTown...lol

Comment

Yo you too thanks for plugin me on to this site they should give you special privallages here seeing as you keep pluging their site everychance you get :cheers:

:smokin:

Comment

I lost about 1500 points in my benchmark :scream:
                      Everything is slower. Hmmmmmm.......i think i have 2 work on it 2 night

Comment

Ranger, you seriously lost 1500 points in benchmark after installing?

rodneyck, I love that signiture. :D

Comment

Thanks Outvit :p

I don't know whats funnier, mine or the real adds...

Comment

Originally posted by rodneyck
                            Thanks Outvit :p

I don't know whats funnier, mine or the real adds...
                            Ah, the real ads for sure...That one chick in the white sweater was the biggest druggy...The second I saw that comercial, I thought to myself, "How many drugs do you have to do to look like here?"! :)

If you go to Mac.com in the QuickTime section, there should be a link to the MacWorld Expo broadcast link. its a recording of the event that took place a month or so back, at the beginning is all of their current "Switch Ads", the only one that is actually decent is the guy from SNL!:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by outvit
                              Ranger, you seriously lost 1500 points in benchmark after installing?

Actually i lost over 2000 with my last BM.....Did a bit of reasearch and uninstalled some programs...including my Asus Tweak prog. Suddenly i got my BM back. I think the combination of SP1 + Asus Tweak and Nvida 40.41 might had something 2 do with it Anyway...after installing SP1 ...again...everything runs "normal" untill Mr Gates finds my machine and shuts it down...LOL :snip:

A tip 2 u all. Try uninstalling programs u dont need or other tweak programs...i ve got the feeling "they" dont like SP1 2 much...or is it the other way around...hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X