DX8.1 removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX8.1 removal

Please dont phlame me... It's my first post in this forum :)

A while back, atomic magazine had a link to this website for DX removal program, that gets rid of any version of DX...
    "http://www.tweaktown.com/files.shtml#dx" This link does not work anymore.

I have Windows 2000 and had DX8.0a and used the windows update util, and had it automatically updated to 8.1
    Now I have problems in games, everything is all blotchy.

So I guess what I am asking is, is there a file still available somewhere on this website, that can uninstall DX for Win2k. If not, can anyone direct me towards one.

Thankyou :afro:

You will probably do better posting this inquery in the technical portion of the forum. Most of the riff-raff that hangs around the Beer Garden (including myself) would not be able to answer that question. Good Luck
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

I'll move it to another area.

As for the question, though... the file is still available for download. You need only visit our "Files" section of the site to get it.

On that note, however, let me point out that it will be dicey at best to get ANY DirectX Uninstaller to work. While there are any number of them out there, DirectX incorporates itself into the very heart of the OS and doesn't give up easily. Some people are successful with these programs, and most others are not.

About the only real way (and the best way as well) to get rid of a newer version of DirectX is to format the drive and reinstall Windows. While it seems a bit drastic, you stand a very good chance of hosing your system when you attempt to use the Uninstaller. So be warned up front, and make sure to back up any important data before you use the program.

Good luck. ;)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I have no idea - try at your own risk http://www.directxbuster.de/index_e.html
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

To tell ya the honest truth I've had no luck with either as they both leave more problems than they fix so take it from me that the only good way to get rid of it is a format and clean install. ;)

Comment

You might check to see if those games you refer to have any patches available regarding DX 8.1

Some do:(
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
            X