Just Installed XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skullshot
    darth it don't matter if u have ntfs and 98ers wanna look see at ya HD coz its the OS that transfers the info to the client PC and so it can be any file system as long as it can send it...maybe not ANY file system but yeah...

also, i fail to see how ntfs could be worse than fat esp in regard to games, because fat files are generally larger because of the allocation size for files...the only possibility is security enhancements of ntfs, but as it is a networking file system, i can't see how that makes it any slower
    ... :?:
    ANY file system, in the case of linux using samba you can share:

FAT16/32
    NTFS
    HPFS
    EXT
    EXT2
    EXT3
    ISO
    Mac File System (apple something, forget the name)
    and any others with any module support...

:)
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Well, I got it installed all right. No problems, and as far as I can tell there are no hardware incompatabilities either. Pretty cool look, but after I get through installing everything, then I'll start doing a few more benchmarks to see where I stand. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

ntfs is less prone to viruses...cuz ntfs is like f***-off while fat32 is like come here baby...

Comment

yes and no to being less vunerable to virus's - if you know what u r doing u can do remote installs (and othe nifty admin stuff) which can really do some serious damage. One of the big problems is that if a virus hits an Administrators PC - it can using the access rights of the administator access every NT based system on your network and replicate itself using the same method that for example NAV uses to do network installs.
          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
          X