Client services for netware has disabled user acount options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client services for netware has disabled user acount options

How do I uninstall this nasty little thing called (Client services for netware) so I can enable USE THE WELCOME SCREEN in user accounts (WinXP)?

Whatever Client services for netware is, it locks me out of being able to use USE THE WELCOME SCREEN and USE FAST USER SWITCHING.

I donnot see anything listed under add\Remove programs to remove it so I'm thinking that maybe this is a Windows XP feature.[img][/img]

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Supposedly applies to Windows 2000, but it may help.
    If not:
    Start > Run > Services.msc
    From there, you will need to look for anything that seems related to client services for netware. It's possible you won't find anything, but I bet there's something in there. If your not sure, it would be a really good idea to list anything in there set to automatic and manual.

Comment

control panel.. network connections. right-click you network connection and choose properties. in the general tab highlight Client Services for NetWare and click uninstall. reboot and its gone..

Now the big question is why is it installed? do you need it to connect to a NetWare server? if not then its safe to ditch. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD
        control panel.. network connections. right-click you network connection and choose properties. in the general tab highlight Client Services for NetWare and click uninstall. reboot and its gone..

Now the big question is why is it installed? do you need it to connect to a NetWare server? if not then its safe to ditch. :twisted:

Oh man, I wish I would have gotten your response sooner. I just reformatted the system becuse after Yawgm0th's ideas fell through I thought this issue was a lost cause.

To answer your big question. No, I don't need or have anything to do with a netware server. Infact I don't even know what one is.
        The system I'm talking about that had this installed on it is a computer that I sold to a freind a couple of years ago and someone installed Client Services for NetWare (somehow :confused: ) on it. I'm think it was installed along with a pop-up stopper program that the persons reletive installed according to the person I sold the system to.
        I just hope she does not let anybody else install stuff like this again on it becuase I am spending alot of time re-formatting, installing programs, updating and tweaking Windows back the way it should be. :hammer: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob
          Originally posted by DigitalDD

Oh man, I wish I would have gotten your response sooner. I just reformatted the system becuse after Yawgm0th's ideas fell through I thought this issue was a lost cause.

To answer your big question. No, I don't need or have anything to do with a netware server. Infact I don't even know what one is.
          The system I'm talking about that had this installed on it is a computer that I sold to a freind a couple of years ago and someone installed Client Services for NetWare (somehow :confused: ) on it. I'm think it was installed along with a pop-up stopper program that the persons reletive installed according to the person I sold the system to.
          I just hope she does not let anybody else install stuff like this again on it becuase I am spending alot of time re-formatting, installing programs, updating and tweaking Windows back the way it should be. :hammer: :cry:
          CSNW doesn't get installed by any pop-up stoppers I know of. but if someone had to install some extra networking components from the WinXP CD and they clicked in the wrong spot they could install it by accident.. I've spoken with some rookie techs who've done that themselves..

Comment

You're probably right it could have been installed by other means. Strange thing is whoever or however it got installed, they installed it on both of the two computers that she owns :rolleyes:, and there was no reason to install anymore networking options.

Whats a netware server used for anyway?

Comment

Re: Client services for netware has disabled user acount options

hey, it might not have been soon enough for him, but it was for me, thanks to it i got a friend's pc repaired (well that problem repaired), andthanks to that i had sex with her. jeje im so gratefull i joined the forum to thank you!!!
              jeje thanks guys!

Comment

Thnx for the advice!!!
                You 've been helpful all over the world [ even here in Greece].
                Though I would like to ask sth because while trying to get rid of Client Services for NetWare, I also uninstalled Microsoft Client Services for NetWare or sth like that...
                Is it important???

Comment

a netware server is novell's answer to MS server systems - its a lot better but its a bit pricey
                  http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldar View Post
                    a netware server is novell's answer to MS server systems - its a lot better but its a bit pricey
                    Maybe ten years ago. The only advantage I can see to modern versions of Netware over Server 2000/2003-based AD is greater interoperability with SAMBA/OSX/*NIX.

Comment

Working...
                    X