NTFS HELL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which part? :roll:
    "...hardware switching would be best." Or "Wireless cards cause lots of problems...."

Both are illustrated within this topic and shouldn't need much further discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
      Which part? :roll:
      "...hardware switching would be best." Or "Wireless cards cause lots of problems...."

Both are illustrated within this topic and shouldn't need much further discussion.
      Take a look at his title and that may give ya a hint (and no I didn't give it to him even though I did suggest it).

Comment

I meant the part about why do you think Wireless cards cause so many problems. Because I've never had any bad expierences with them and most of the Reviews and Articles I've read lately have had only good things to say about the fairly new tech.

Comment

Let's see, I've had about 5 cards die on me, all of them even got me to call tech support. Linksys seems to think it's not their stupid fault when a brand new card won't work on a fully updated XP machine (and they tell you uninstall certain critical updates) or a fresh install one. The most succesful wireless product I ever used (Routers don't count) was a Siemens peedStream wireless USB device. It would malfunction every few weeks and need to be moved to a different USB slot. Because of my problems with certain Linksys devices, I would have to reformat and reinstall XP in order to get it working on my parents computer. My dad got so fed up with that that he said not to bother about it, we'd just get dial-up for the basement computer even though all of the others get wired to the cable. My dad is kind of a moron in this area anyway, but I really don't like using wireless networks. Because of these problems we eventually tore up the carpet (needed new carpet anyway, though), and sent a pair of connected 50-foot cat5 cables under the carpet just so I could have wired in my room. It wasn't entirely software problems either, the hardware would just break and not work on XP, 98SE, or even Linux where applicable. I have seen many other people complain about problems (mainly problems that they were not at faut for) with wireless PCI cards and USB devices and now this... A wireless USB adapter messing with the friggin file system. I have several of the top companies in wireless technology on my black list because of bad hardware.

That's why I think there are problems with wireless cards.
          So much for leaving it at:
          Originally posted by Yawgm0th
          I have had pretty bad experiences with wireless stuff myself, never this bad though. I can remember calls with Linksys with instructions to uninstall critical Windows updates.

Comment

Too many people to send PMs to, so I'll just say it here. Please try to keep useless posts and flames out of the tech forums. While I do enjoy deleting them, i have better ways to spend my time. thank you.

Comment

i've some issues with d-link, ended up in the register and had to add " % " in front of the dlink name in registery for my 220 card. see if you have a read me file on the driver cd/floppy for misc. fixes GL
              k6-2 .and . . . AMD 64bit|3.2,1G[2326],9800xt [both died] miss my 500 K's
              recycled from the trash [and in use]
              2 = 945G chipset boards 2G Celeron and dual Pentium
              3 = AM-37 FIK motherboards 2-2.6 G
              in storage 810/815 chipset P3's 800MHZ[4setup and +? not]

Comment

Working...
              X