Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Windows Are Your Currently Using???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the tags wern't closed but the "font" don't work anyway. ;)

Comment

Its what im not using...lol...MWAHAHAHHAA

:laugh: :laugh: :devil: :devil: :flames: :flames: :afro:

Edit:...oh and there is more but for the safety of my ass ill just leave it to your imagination.

Comment

rofl, nice little pic of some of your "offsite backups" ;)
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

:) I see what you are getting at, but anyone could write on a couple of blank CD's a few names, doesn't mean they have the software though..

Comment

I should post piccy's of the select cd's & oem cd's since i've got em
            http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Yes - mine is legal - despite what you guys think :p
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
                Yes - mine is legal - despite what you guys think
                that must mean mine's legal too!

Comment

there are more pirates here than in the caribean.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                    :) I see what you are getting at, but anyone could write on a couple of blank CD's a few names, doesn't mean they have the software though..
                    Hey beefy...i know what u mean...but CD's are valuable to me...i wouldnt waste them to write anything...lol...but yea they are backups "wink wink"...and legal...lol...what exactly are select CD's from MS...i dont understand ???

Thanks again guys...peace

Comment

from my understanding, select cd's from microsoft are what is known as "corporate versions", they don't have registration or anything

if i;m wrong can someone correct me :)
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by infielder6
                        there are more pirates here than in the caribean.

LOL

Comment

(To cover TweakTowns arse with the above post with the picture)

There is no proof what-so-ever that those CD's contain what is written on the CD so TweakTown cannot be held responsible.

Posting this just in case, we don't wanna get shutdown now :)
                          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Many software titles do have 'corporate versions', but it is my understanding that Windows XP is NOT one of those.

I doubt MS would go to the extent they have with their 'activation' and not at least include some key information which would be trackable, or at least detectable. I would bet even something proliferating the warez community as 'no activation' would still include a multitude of crucial information when the install is put through 'Windows Update'

MS has the smartest people on earth. Windows Update is a very intimate search of what you have and what you need updated. You do the math.

Edit: oh and please correct me if someone has facts that portray it differently.

Comment

In fact XP Pro and higher does come in corporate versions, Home doesn't. :smokin:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Ok, well a general understanding about corporate versions is that they are generic(or should I say anonymous--as far as not requiring a proof of purchase) in all regards. During installation, use, updates, etc.

I highly doubt that if MS is serious about stopping or at least crippling the average and above average pirate, then I don't expect they would go about making a corporate version that has no method within it to allow them (MS) to inhibit it's abuse.

What are your thoughts on that?

Comment

Working...
                                X