No announcement yet.

3DMark2001 SE scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's easy as the prob lays with ya motherboard and memory bein' a rather large bottleneck. Basically ya CPU can throw information at the memory faster than the memory can throw it back and then there is the video card plus other DMA hardware that must have access to this pittifully slow memory. A significant increase in performance could be gained by a new motherboard and DDR memory alone plus would give ya a stepping stone for further upgrades later (maybe a "Barton" AthlonXP, some USB 2.0 devices, etc,..). :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• I noticed on the Chaintech website that I could flash my bios with an upgrade and my MoBo would be able to accept an Athlon XP 2000+, 2100+, or 2200+ CPU(it currently will only accept Duron and Athlon up to 1.5 Ghrtz). Now, how can that be? I thought those faster processors used a much faster chipset like the KT333 or similar. I only have a KT133. Can I really upgrade my MoBo bios to where I can use an Athlon XP with my lowly KT133?:confused:

Comment

• It is possible but why would ya honestly want too? :?:
        <small>never seen a KT133 that would run at 133MHz FSB though</small>

The faster the CPU the bigger the bottleneck becomes. :eek:

Comment

• Okay, what about this. Say I flash my bios and add a speedy Athlon XP CPU and then add another chip of 512mb pc133 sdram for a total of 1024 mb of memory. Would that be almost as good as having DDR memory?

Comment

• No. No matter how much memory you put in there you will not create more bandwidth. Your Duron throws data around at 200MHz, an Athlon at the speeds ya talkin' of at 266MHz, PC133's standard speed is 133MHz, now can't ya see what's wrong here? A Duron is better suited to PC2100 (this leaves 66MHz for DMA hardware to use without having to reduce the CPU's bandwidth to it), 266MHz FSB Athlons w/ PC2700 and 333MHz FSB Athlons w/ PC3200. This way the memory isn't a bottleneck and everything gets good access to it. With PC133 everything has to push and shove for what little is available thus the CPU spends a lot of cycles in a wait state while the memory tries to catch up. : peace2:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

• NO , SDR will never be that fast as DDR (even if you put Athlon XP in youre motherboard slow SDR is a large bottleneck for youre computer) Change motherboard , go even for 256 MB DDR (PC2700) , and Athlon XP+ and you should easily atain 10k in 3d mark 2001. Whatever you do , DONT put Athlon XP to this motherboard. Ihmo Wiggo is right "The faster the CPU the bigger the bottleneck becomes"

Comment

• Yeah, I see. Thanks for the info. So you reckon my 3dmark score is about right for my config? It'll have to do for now anyway. Someday I'll get me a new MoBo that supports DDR. More $$$!

Comment

• Xp 2000 1.95MHZ
                  GA-7VAXP Ultra Gigabyte
                  512MB-DDR 3200
                  GeForce 4 Ti 4600 @
                  LG 48x16x48
                  LG-DVD 16x48
                  40 GB 7200 Ultra ATA/100 Barracuda ATA IV ST340016A
                  20G Quantium Fireball 5400
                  Case whit side panel Window and colour fan in midle

<small>I take it that this is where this and the other thread belonged? But ya need to run the default test though.
                  W
                  </small>

Comment

• Score: 9208

Date: 2002-12-29
                    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 1203 MHz
                    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
                    Res: 1024x768 32bit

:flames:

Comment

• Score: 12326 :flames:

Date: 2003-01-02
                      CPU: Intel P4 2.4 - 2.689GHz
                      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MbRam
                      Res: 1024x768 32bit

Comment

• here is snapshoot

Comment

• well here it is finlly hitting 15k

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5522680

amd 2200xp
                          asus A7N8X
                          2-256 pc2700 ram
                          radeon 9700pro
                          80gb 8mb chach hd

Comment

• Well, I was comparing some 3dmark scores and look what I found. Look at the FSB on the right. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=4858059

Comment

• well picked up a 2400xp chip was abel to hit 17k gona let it burn in for a week then see what it can realy do with new ram
                              http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5604497

Comment

• This is just a waste of a perfectly good P4 1.7Ghz CPU. I just ran 3dmark on one of my work PC's. Check the pic. It's got an Intel board with PC133 RAM and a crappy ass ATI Expert 2000 Pro 32MB card.

Comment

Working...
                                X