No announcement yet.

Adcaster Extreme Pop Ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will still get your alerts. They don't depend on Messanger.

Comment

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I just shut off messenger. This will be terrific, if it really blocks those annoying messages.

Thanks Again!!!

:hammer:

Comment

this messenger thing is still a mystery for me. i don't understand that how does this software installation differ from disabling the messenger service :?:
        what would i lose if i disable messenger service rather than installing this thing on my machine :confused:
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Alright boys and girls. NOW LISTEN UP. sorry. Adcaster was downloaded by you for some "free" proggy you fancied.This is an advertisimng machine designed to give you ads besed on you surfing habits. It is spyware. Get rid of it by using spybot r&d. Unless you want them:flames:

augie

By the way , if any one gets an offer of a "free"proggy just say no:p WWW.spybot.com

Comment

asklepios, messenger will give you an odd popup like for a diploma is a popular one, This adcaster just listen to the name and you should know twhat it is. I"ll be back later and give you guys some links to make sure you keep your machine clean from this crap.

augie

Or like Hagar said "Unless you want to stay"

BTW reread my post above. Between these two posts you should understand, especially as to what querry I was posting about.

Comment

augie10 i think i will burst your bubble about that spy-ware.
              check this out

its like calling you to advertise by that method and it tells you how it happens. there is nothing to do with spyware here untill and unless it tells them your IP address so thats how you are exposed.
              i feel that all those free proggy's that people are downloading to stop these pop-ups are in the end just getting a stopped messenger service and nothing else.
              about that thing called recieving alerts from administrators on LAN, then you must know that if you have got a disabled net send on a network how can anyone send you a message, leave alone administrators.
              i still feel its all embedded in that net send thingie rather than a spyware

*if you were not talking abt the adcaster then please don't feel offended. i read your edited post after i wrote it*
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
              ======================
              =======================
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

OK. this is the best place to learn about all of this crap.

Use the first two two proggies regularly' I bet that someone will have at least 300 pcs.of crap that will be found by these proggies

Read all of this sight and you will be mostly free of this crap. Happy learning.:D

Enjoy

augie

BTW why don't you start a thread to see who had the most. Sort of a reverse contest and which may help others combat this crap. I bet half the peeps on the net have no idea.

hehe, we were posting at the same time:)

Comment

Just read your post. Ha we're cross posting. Yeah, I saw that, but since disabling the service, I haven't seen one. Guess I'm getting out of touch at how fast it's growing. It only started a few months ago. and I never take offense at being corrected, as this is what this place is for:)

Regards

augie

Comment

yeah we are posting together and thats why i waited a bit this time.
                    well i feel that Sunnyb36 didn't have a some spyware too and i think that these messenger like pop-ups he was getting can be got rid of without installing any softwares and may be it did work out that way.
                    i have both spybot as well as adware and scan my PC regularly but these diploma pop-ups are from netsend thats for sure and they are nothing like the ones u get from gator or in other words a spyware.

*i had audio galaxy till it was free and it was a subsidiary of gator and i know what it feels like*
                    Last Updated:
                    10th MARCH

======================
                    =======================
                    yabaa dabaa doo...
                    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

asklepios, you are 100% right. I just read their whole front page. ugh. We were talking about the same thing. netsend=messenger
                      I just never heard it called that way. In the heat of the moment, I forgot to research.:hammer: I did the right thing but for the wrong reasons . apologiies are in order.

augie

Comment

no matter...we both had a good idea :cheers:
                        Last Updated:
                        10th MARCH

======================
                        =======================
                        yabaa dabaa doo...
                        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

i have tried various pop up blockers and none work for me. and i have also tried to just shut down my messanger service, whicj i did, and it didnt work.
                          so, after going 2 both http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...21023_4220.htm and http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/win_co...elines.html#IV , i have figured out after a while of searching 4 my version of windows (windows xp professional) all u have 2 do is follow these simple insturctions
                          1. go 2 start
                          2. then control panel
                          3. then advanced
                          4. next, go 2 advanced
                          5. then advanced settings
                          6. then under you should see file and printer sharing for microsoft networks
                          7. under that, u should c a box with the words internet protocol (TCP/IP)
                          8. uncheck that box
                          9. in the same window, there should b another title saying client for microsoft networks
                          10. under that, u should once again c internet protocol (TCP/IP)
                          11. uncheck that box

NOW YOUR R :spam: FREE!

Comment

Working...
                          X