Problem with a screensaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a screensaver

I have a fish aquarium screensaver which is really cool...anyways it has worked perfectly in the past but lately it gets cut short. It'll run steady for about 2 minutes then all of a sudden, crash to the desktop. I know the program is legit so I'm thinking it might be a virus causing this. Anyone else have a similar problem before? What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Problem with a screensaver

Screen Savers don't "crash," they are brought back to windows by a movement of a mouse, and the thing is sensitive, even a little nudge on a table sufficient to move the mouse causes the SS to disappear.

P.S: I have bad experiences with "free" screensavers, and just ended up wrecking my OS wth tons of spyware, so be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Aguiluz View Post
      Screen Savers don't "crash," they are brought back to windows by a movement of a mouse, and the thing is sensitive, even a little nudge on a table sufficient to move the mouse causes the SS to disappear.
      Actually, the Aquarium screensaver is more of a program that acts like a screensaver and it is a decent test for cooling of a processor since it uses a good deal of processing power, so don't be so quick to judge a problem please.

mik9ster - Have you tried uninstalling it and doing a reinstall of the utility? Also try running a temperature monitor in the background and see if your processor is getting too hot. I've played with that screensaver program a bit in the past and don't recall if it has its own monitoring settings that might cause the SS to stop if the processor gets too hot.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Ooops, I thought it was that Screen Saver i found at an advert a few years ago. Caused my Comp to crash up and lag.

Comment

check for dirt in your fans/heatsinks - since its a cpu hog, if you fans have a buildup of dust it'll cause crashes
          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
          X