Farcry Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farcry Question

When I turn everything to highest performance, my keyboard and mouse response time has a 1 second delay. My keyboard and mouse are wireless. Do you think it is because of that? If I OC my P4 now with the crappy rams, do you think it will fix the problem? Or should I get a better graphic card? Either that or I just need better RAMs. Advice?

Edit: BTW, it's just the mouse and keyboard that has the delay. When im playing, nuthing else lags. The enemies shoot like normal and all that. If I turn everything down, it works normally without the delay.

A new video board probably won't help you out... and besides, that 9800 Pro should handle the chore easily still. You're probably experiencing the delay because the processor is trying to allocate as much power as possible for the graphics in that game. Is the wireless setup PS2 or USB?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

My room-mate experienced the exact same problem with halo when it came out. He had a laptop so I believe we finally just blamed it on the vcard. Not certain though, so maybe someone else can help.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_sharp
        My room-mate experienced the exact same problem with halo when it came out. He had a laptop so I believe we finally just blamed it on the vcard. Not certain though, so maybe someone else can help.
        Since he has a 9800pro the video card obviously isn't a problem.

I'm with Darth on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
          A new video board probably won't help you out... and besides, that 9800 Pro should handle the chore easily still. You're probably experiencing the delay because the processor is trying to allocate as much power as possible for the graphics in that game. Is the wireless setup PS2 or USB?
          The Green one (I'm assuming is the mouse) is a PS/2 while the keyboard is USB. I thought it looked too ugly like that so I made them both PS/2. I was getting about 21fps. I turned down Special Effects down one notch and I got about 41fps. U guys think it's the wireless? I'm thinking about getting a Logitech MX Duo anyways. Right now I have some Logitech Navigator Duo.

Comment

Your CPU is just not giving enough time to the keyboard/mouse to keep up.

Comment

overclcoking your CPu would probally help

Comment

I doubt that a 2.8C would be lacking power but I bet that PC2700 memory is choking it.

Comment

So I'm back to having to buy new, better RAMs and OCing the CPU? Wow, I thought if I just don't OC I dont have to buy new RAMs.

You know what? I didn't install the drivers or whatever that was in the CD that came with the keyboard and mouse. I'll install it tonight to see if there is a difference.

Comment

Installing the drivers would always help...Also. new RAM will definatelty help.

Comment

Working...
                    X