Best Firewall application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Firewall application?

What do you guys think is the best Firewall application? I currently have BlackICE, and i hear ZoneAlarm is good too. Are there any others?

smoothwall :D

Comment

I'm sure he means for Windows man. Smoothwall is nice, but thats more for a router PC.

The most popular Windows Firewall is Zone Alarm. I personally use Freedom Personal Firewall, but Zone Alarm is easier to use and does its job very well.

Comment

for software firewalls, i prefer ZoneAlarm or Sygate. But I'd rather use a hardware firewall any day ;)

Comment

I like both zone alarm and sygate, but fine zone alarm easier an nicer interface.

Comment

Anything is better than Black Ice:eek:

For those new to firewalls and their function, it's hard to beat ZoneAlarm. It has a very easy to use interface and does a pretty nice job of controlling things.

For those a bit more comfortable, Sygate does an equally good job of protecting and uses a bit less system resources although the interface isn't quite as intuitive as ZoneAlarm.

Free versions of both are available for download.

ZoneAlarm;
            With over 90 million downloads, ZoneAlarm is one of the world's most popular Firewall software products.

for Sygate;

then click the "Download & Buy" in the navigation at the left. Sygate Personal Firewall is at the bottom of the page.

NOTE: Make certain Black Ice is COMPLETELY uninstalled before installing any firewall software.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

why is anything better than black ice? I thought it was the best

Comment

Originally posted by sepherum2ya
                it used to be, but it is no longer. It's been riding on its outdated reputaion for years at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by sepherum2ya
                  Since mid 2000 (yes that's 2000) BlackICE has been at the backend of the field in software firewall comparisons whilst Sygate and ZoneAlarm have been doin' battle at the front line though I've prefered to use ZA myself for the last 4yrs (McAphee's and Norton's products have been placed mid ranged).

Comment

mine being a PC with low amount of resources, i have always found Sygate more than satisfying. it surely doesn't have many wizards or colourful windows to configure things but then i don't want them :p
                    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                    Last Updated:
                    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                    ======================
                    jabber : [email protected]
                    =======================
                    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                    yabaa dabaa doo...
                    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

ISA-svr is probably the best but its not for faint hearted.

:devil:
                      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Symantec Client Security is best in the world i think ,
                        im being use it for years! trust me on that!

Comment

Working...
                        X