Battery Universe fails to deliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Universe fails to deliver

A fellow employee ordered a battery for his laptop from Battery Universe. Battery Universe charged his credit card but never delivered. He is unable to get a response from Battery Universe. His only recourse is to dispute the charge to his card. Have you encountered any other problems such as this with your online orders?

Re: Battery Universe fails to deliver

nope I haven't
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

I have not dealt with these folks, but it isn't an uncommon problem with fly-by-night companies that pop up out of nowhere. It is always best to use a credit card since the card issuer will go to exhorbitant lenghts to get their money back, plus they have the financial backing to handle these little problems without having to resort to court action. After all, he who has the money makes the rules.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Strange. I Google-d up "battery universe" and looked at their info on WhoIs.

WhoIS:

I plastered the registrant's adress on google maps and got here:

Notice their Fax number looks strange (all 9's) and the place looks some kind of junkyard or some recycling plant to me. Is that battery universe? (suspicious)

Comment

I had a similar problem with them. My take is that they are a one man show (not a bad thing) with lousy record keeping, follow through, and notification.
          You will note from their site that you cannot log in to your account to track orders. Had I not pursued my order by phone, I would be out over $100 with nothing to show for it. It is possible that they just don't have access to the merchandise they display and don't tell you that. I needed a laptop battery.

Comment

Working...
          X