cpu systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beefy

Been there, done that.. :) Bragging rights are good.
    bragging rights are very good :)
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Bragging rights are really only good in these forums.
      I mean do your friends really care if you have and Athlon XP 2000 on a KT266A Motherboard or an IBM 1686x DX2 MacroProcessor with Prefetch dubbing technology?

None of my frineds care whats in my computer so long as its fast enough to play RTC Wolf, Max Payne, and some other good games. Everyone I know thinks my computers fast, so even if I don't buy anything for it I still have bragging rights.

It might be easier if we DIDNT have to boast our egos, then I could use a $400 eMachine P3 and have some money left over for my car - oops theres another ego thing....

Comment

i'm not talkin verbal braggin.. have you seen people's faces when you run things like the Zoltar and Chameleon demos for the Geforce 3? It's great! Silencer knows what I'm talking about.. I saw him showin off his gf3 a couple weeks ago.. ya jsut gotta do it...

Comment

yes.. setting chameleon going then walking off four 30 mins and coming back to the "woah... wooowww"'s is good :)

then i ran zoltar... more "as if thats computer generated" - it is :P
          SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!

Comment

Originally posted by SileNceR
            VIA P4X266 (Pentium 4 DDR) benchmarks better than rdram - so even on the p4 DDR is better than RDRAM

I back that statement..... and it's very stable to boot :thumb:

But RDRAM isn't buggy SileNceR, just very very expensive :(
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

well i recall it causing major issues back when they first tried combining it with the p3...

Comment

What happened when they tried it with the p3?

BTW - Silencer, your flamethrower quote is ingenius, i enjoyed it hysterically for several minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SileNceR
                  well i recall it causing major issues back when they first tried combining it with the p3...

That was the i820 chipset..... the first chipset designed for RDRAM, and it was a fault in the Memory Translator Hub in order to use SDRAM that was the problem. If you used RDRAM on the motherboard it was OK :)
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                  X