Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good digital camera that can take good close ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd give you a shot of my dog but he is a fair way away from here. :(
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

resized images: (i didn't compress, cos it blurs.. :) )

1. Watch back.

Comment

2. Key head

Comment

I tried to take a picture of my car....but the neighbors were peeping out the windows ...wondering what the flashes were at midnight (USA). So the dog was target #2.

Beefy, what were those pics taken with? A sony?

Comment

those pics were taken with a Sony Mavica FD-92. It's the same as the FD-90, but it also has a Memory Stick slot, whereas the FD-90 is floppy disk only (although you can get the floppy mem stick adaptor thing and use that.. )

Comment

I take it all back, I feel a little stupid. I've had this camera for almost 2 years and didn't know about macro zoom. Let's see... I'm a clown and I feel like I have a new camera, this is amazing!
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

yeah i got a sony mavica, beefy is right, they have a macro mode on em wich is used when focus length is very short, its a button on the back of em. i think its for anything within 6 inches of the lens, works geat.

Tweak have a lkook for a button that looks like a flower head.

Comment

yeah, i just told him that, as you can see... it's actually the Focus button, but it puts a little flower on screen.. well, that's what the 92 does...

Comment

Same with the FD90.
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

So what model of the Sony Mavica would be the best bang for the buck?....I would like to have the option to add flash/media card.

The prices really don't seem that bad... Taken I paid 400.00 for the camera I have now...about a year ago

Comment

dunno what you'd pay over there at the moment. We got this one early last year for around $1300 AUS... so they would have dropped by now. Any Sony camera uses it's own memory stick, the Sony Memory Stick (inventive name), which can be used among heaps of Sony devices... but isn't compatible with Flash / Compact mem cards.... which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

check out prices in the states for the 92.. see what you come up with...

Comment

Just one more guys I promise - I particularly like this one!
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Hmm...this is good for me too. I'm lookin at a digicam to take hw pix of myself.

Comment

Cam, you've got a few scratches in your phone.. :)

is that detailed enough for ya? I thought the Sony Mavica cams couldn't do detail.. :rolleyes2

Comment

Not to mention the crud on the back of his watch. :D
                                :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                                X