Anybody ever try Vonage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever try Vonage?

I'm just wondering if its as good as a land line.... been kinda thinking about getting it if its worth it.

Re: Anybody ever try Vonage?

I heard that CNet liked it, but they were likely bribed.

Comment

Had it for over a year now, good stuff. Since then, I've noticed that there are other VOIP deals out there even cheaper than Vonage, but I haven't really checked into them.
      I hear that Vonage customer support is a real pain, but I've never had to use it. The directions were so clear and comprehensive that I set everything up, waited for my old phone number to transfer, then cut the outside wires and plugged that bad boy up. Haven't have a problem since, voice quality is so good that nobody has noticed it enough to mention anything.
      I'd recommend it, beats the heck out of the approx $70 US I was spending before on Ma Bell

Comment

Originally posted by kgburns View Post
        Had it for over a year now, good stuff. Since then, I've noticed that there are other VOIP deals out there even cheaper than Vonage, but I haven't really checked into them.
        I hear that Vonage customer support is a real pain, but I've never had to use it. The directions were so clear and comprehensive that I set everything up, waited for my old phone number to transfer, then cut the outside wires and plugged that bad boy up. Haven't have a problem since, voice quality is so good that nobody has noticed it enough to mention anything.
        I'd recommend it, beats the heck out of the approx $70 US I was spending before on Ma Bell
        Thanks, for bringing up the VOIP deals subject. I checked into it and found out Sunrocket looks like a better buy than Vonage at this time.
        I'm not going to save much over my land line, maybe $15 of my cables companies treo package since there are no taxes on VOIP services, but something is better than nothing and I like the idea of unlimited free long distance. I think I'll have to rely on my cell phone a little more since my internet service does go down from time to time but I think I can swing it even though I rely on a phone for work.

Comment

Well my friend got sun rocket and he has dsl and its perfect the sound is grate and I heard they had a deal where you pay like 200 and get it for 2years and you dont have to pay bills. hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by zaqwsx View Post
            Well my friend got sun rocket and he has dsl and its perfect the sound is grate and I heard they had a deal where you pay like 200 and get it for 2years and you dont have to pay bills. hope this helps

Damn, Sun rocket isn't available in my area. I had to go with Vonage. No distinctive rings:(. I loved that feature but I can live without it I guess.

Comment

Update: Vonage is definitely not as good as a landline, atleast not for me. I rely on the phone for my work and entering in numbers through the touchpad. The service only works part of the time for that and is very unreliable otherwise. Most of the time receiving is OK but not as good as a landline, then on the other hand transmitting is horrible, yesterday a couple people told me that the line said my phone service was disconnected when they tried calling me, strangely I could still call out though..
              I checked with my ISP and they said everything was showing better speeds than normal so it can't be that and my cable modem and router are both new so I doubt that is it ether.
              One thing I will give Vonage credit for is that they are easy to get ahold of 24 hours a day as long as I use my cell phone to talk to them so they can understand whats being said.

Comment

Working...
              X