Which Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Speakers?

Hello I'm looking for a nice set of 5.1 or 7.1 speakers for around 300 and lower. I have a discount with creative so there higher end systems will fit in this budget as well. But what I want to know is what are the best speakers for this price? I have been looking at the klipsch promedia ultra 5.1's but they seem unreliable. The z 5500's, and creatives gigaworks 7.1 Which one's are the best you guys think? And also if there are other speakers please tell me because I want to broaden my search and not limit myself to other makes. Thanks!

Re: Which Speakers?

If I were to buy speakers today they would be the Creative S750 7.1s. They have the best specs out of the ones you listed, by a good margin too. Plus, you get a discount...that's always good!

I own the Klipsh THX 4.1s and have enjoyed them for about 4 years with the only problems being the speaker connectors. They used small 1/8" headphone connections which seem to get dirty (carbon) every month or so and require cleaning for the speakers to work. Not a big deal..just rotate or push/pull does the trick, but the simple hole connectors wouldn't need the cleaning.

For some reason their 5.1s do not have THX certification. Maybe they wouldn't be having problems with their amps if they kept with the better (THX certified) components.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mat, is there anymore input from anyone? Also does anyone know if anything new is being developed?
      Last edited by RemixPinoY; 06-28-2006, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I HIGHLY recommend Logitech speakers. They make a killer setup for the price. I own the older Z-560's and that was the best investment on anything audio related I've ever made.

Comment

The only problem with the high end Klipsch speakers is the amp overheats and burns out due to a poor airflow design. There are many fixes out there and they are still a top notch set. I do have to say Logitech rules the high end PC speaker market in my opinion. I have the Z-680's and they are very impressive to say the least and the sound quality is amazing. The bass is thunderous and the mids/highs are crystal clear. Sound reproduction is just awesome. The Creative speakers are good as well as the highend stuff is all Cambridge Soundworks speakers and they are of high quality. I have not had the chance to hear them,. but I doubt you'd be disspointed with any of those 3 sets, let you wallet decide.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2005
            I HIGHLY recommend Logitech speakers. They make a killer setup for the price. I own the older Z-560's and that was the best investment on anything audio related I've ever made.
            I agree, Logitech has the best stuff for the lowest price, they have beautifully clear audio for rock bottom price, they delive "boom for the buck, not bang."

Comment

Originally posted by Maryli
              make your own ringtones use mp3 to ringtone gold , download it at http://www.mp3-to-ringtone.com/index1.html
              will someone delee this spam please? dont pay attention to this, the problem has been resolved.
              Last edited by orangutang91; 07-07-2006, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Alright guy's I'll look into the z 5500's and gigaworks, what ever is cheaper I'll get.

Comment

Let us know what you get and how you like it!

orangutang91, I don't know where you are getting your copy and pastes from, (I know or at least 2 today), all I'm asking is that you post a source. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
                    The only problem with the high end Klipsch speakers is the amp overheats and burns out due to a poor airflow design. There are many fixes out there and they are still a top notch set. I do have to say Logitech rules the high end PC speaker market in my opinion. I have the Z-680's and they are very impressive to say the least and the sound quality is amazing. The bass is thunderous and the mids/highs are crystal clear. Sound reproduction is just awesome. The Creative speakers are good as well as the highend stuff is all Cambridge Soundworks speakers and they are of high quality. I have not had the chance to hear them,. but I doubt you'd be disspointed with any of those 3 sets, let you wallet decide.
                    i owned klipsch for over 3 years now(5.1 prometias burned out)and klipsch upgraded to klipsch ultras no problem.2 8" subs hit like a true 16" sub and the 500 watt rms amp...omf in headphone mode gives 100watts x2.u better have hi power handling headphones for this setup.for $300-$350 there good considering klipsch backs up there stuff.logitechs are amazing too i must admit my friend has a 5.1 setup think the z6600?(lol not sure) but they were $250 and sound amazing.his sound clearer in the tweeter area(digital vs my anaolg) were mine sound better in the mid area.but for bass the klipsch really shake stuff off the wall.
                    Stacker830 Watercooled
                    windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
                    Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
                    8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
                    Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
                    13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
                    (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
                    biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
                    xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
                    sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
                    co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
                    Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
                    Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Comment

I think my Z-560's give Klipsch a run in the bass department. 10" sub 200w RMS, it brings down the house. :)

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2005
                        Let us know what you get and how you like it!

orangutang91, I don't know where you are getting your copy and pastes from, (I know or at least 2 today), all I'm asking is that you post a source. Thanks
                        now its gone, you should delete my post, it was there a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X