looking for 19" CRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for 19" CRT

I'm looking for a new 19" CRT monitor folks and I'd prefer not to spend more than $200 (US) if possible.

I picked up the Samsung SyncMaster 955df today, but I'm not happy with it so it's going back to the store tomorrow. I plan to research some monitors myself, but I'd like to get some suggestions first.

thanks guys
    :cheers:

take a look at the Viewsonic G95+ (i think) or the Professional series; the Pro might be a tad too expensive but they are very nice if you are after sharpness & brightness etc.

Comment

It can be a bit tricky to find any real good 19" on that budget, many of them crt's within the 200 range haven't the most clear image/color separation etc. Try and see iy you can stretch a bit higher since the performance is way higher in the 250-300 range. :2cents:

I just got myself an Syncmaster 959NF Diamondtron which can do

1280x1024 - 100Hz
      1600x1200 - 85Hz

I'm very pleased with it so far, the color separation etc is great!

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
        It can be a bit tricky to find any real good 19" on that budget, many of them crt's within the 200 range haven't the most clear image/color separation etc. Try and see iy you can stretch a bit higher since the performance is way higher in the 250-300 range. :2cents:
        unfortunately I'm beginning to realise that :( I think I'm just going to have to stick with my viewsonic 17" until I can better afford a larger quality monitor. I appreciate the replies :thumb:

Comment

What didn't you like about the DF?

Comment

refresh rates, supported resolutions, this strange ghosting/hazy crap on the desktop (very noticable with a black background), this very strange distortion (wavy lines, but that doesn't describe it well), the colors were off despite any tweaking, ect...

just about everything I don't want in a monitor aside from physical malfunctions

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
              refresh rates, supported resolutions, this strange ghosting/hazy crap on the desktop (very noticable with a black background), this very strange distortion (wavy lines, but that doesn't describe it well), the colors were off despite any tweaking, ect...

just about everything I don't want in a monitor aside from physical malfunctions
              My old NEC makes wavy lines, because its shot

Comment

Wow, I think you must have gotten one that was dying... I don't have any DF's but I have friends who do and are very picky quality wise...

I have a 1200NF, (the most expensive line samsung makes) and it is absolutely gorgeous. 1920 X 1440 @ 79 Hz!!

I can't say about the DF's in general but I have found that cheap 'flat' CRT's of other brands are often very poor.

Comment

My Moms had a 753DF for two years now and it's never had a falter yet

Comment

I'm just going to stick with my 17" for now and put the money towards something else. I wanted a 19" to complement my new 9800 pro ( :D ) that I was able to get by a freak accident. But it still looks damn fine on my 17", so I'm jut not going to worry about it right now.

Comment

Yeah i just went to best buy and got the biggest crt there, ended up doing good spending something like $250 got the viewsonic with the solver trim cant remember the model name im sure its in my sig or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X