Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram

I'm building my first computer and I'm pretty much the definition of novice when it comes to computers. I was looking around the internet at RAM and found 1GB of DDR 333 MHz for prices ranging form $125 to $500. Why is there such a large gap? Is there a large difference in perfomance or reliablity? Some of them say non-ECC and I'm having trouble finding out what that means. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:shrug:

the biggest price difference comes from the speed of the RAM, but the quality and manufacturer does make a difference as well

why don't you tell us what you are trying to put together and we can point you in the right direction

Comment

I bought an AMD XP 2600 333MHz FSB and a GeForce 5900. I'm looking to build a gaming computer that I won't have to upgrade for a while. My friend told me 512 Mb would run most anything without any problems but I was looking on giving my self some room so I won't need to buy more soon. Is it worth spending an extra hundred dollars on a name brand stick of RAM? Does RAM go bad? If anyone has any specifics on what I should look for and avoid in buying some it would help a lot. Thanks.

Comment

If you dont wanna need to buy any anyimte soon go and buy 2X 512mb Corsair PC3500

You want quality name brand RAM, and it normally doesnt go bad, if somethgings wrong with it its normally bad from the start

Comment

He isn't going to need any RAM rated for 3500 (216mhz) with a 166mhz FSB. Even 3200 would be plenty, I recommend one that will run 2-2-2-5 timings (the fastest).

Comment

Working...
          X