Big hardware problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big hardware problems

Try a BIOS update to the latest version? You should not have to underclock your processor.

Do you have the rev. 2.0 board?

Comment

May be some bad RAM

Comment

Wait did you return it already? WTF? You can't just return something without even trying to troubleshoot the problem......

Comment

Yes the motherbord is version 2.0 and ive also updated the bios.

When i set the cpu to 133mhz clock frequenzy the memory automaticly sets to 266mhz. Then i`m able to use windows but if i run a cpu benchmark in sandra software the com crashes.

This motherbord/bios is very wierd, one time i saw that the bios had automaticly adjusted the memory timings to values far higher normal.

Also the bios uses some settings for servel things called Optimal.

When it uses optimal settings for the memory the timings is this: 2-3-2-5 and the normal timings is 2-3-2-6 .

Dont understand why it pratically overclocks my memory by using its standard setting: optimal.

Comment

Boards often have settings called "Turbo" or some sort of acceleration, and all they do is adjust memory timings or up the FSB by a couple points. You should try disabling these to see if it is causing the problem.

Comment

ive reset cmos maby 20 times now :) and no such turbo is enabled.

Comment

Try 1 stick at a time of memory to see if one of them may be bad.

Comment

Working...
                X