X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD??? why? any special feature??

Comment

As I've stated before, seagates are crap and thats my :2cents:

I've had 3 go bad on me and never will I buy one again. I use WD and Maxtor

Comment

More durable and reliable that the others IMO. Not to mention WD had the foresight to introduce an 8 MB cache instead of pretending ATA133 was something special

Comment

Thanks!!:)
          What about RAM?
          I'm not planning on overclocking, so should i get Crucial??

Comment

Alot of people recommend it on here and I was gonna buy some too but any good reputable brand would work if your on a budget. Just have to make sure its the same brand when you get two sticks for dual channel

Comment

yep, Crucial would be fine ...so would Kingston, Samsung, and a few others. You wont go wrong with Crucial :thumb:

Comment

I'm not really on a budget, hold on...let me check my wallet.
                Yep I'm on a budget....
                WTF let me use my c card

Comment

are thermaltake psu good at all?

Comment

I think it is the same as an Enermax (which is also good), just under a different name...although I'm not sure about that.

As far as I know it's good, but you might want a second opinion.

Comment

More durable and reliable that the others IMO. Not to mention WD had the foresight to introduce an 8 MB cache instead of pretending ATA133 was something special
                      does the 8mb cache make a lot of difference for gaming? never used one before. wondered if it was worth it.

yep, Crucial would be fine ...so would Kingston, Samsung, and a few others. You wont go wrong with Crucial
                      i have a stick of crucial pc2100 (266) running at 333mhz on stock voltage and its rock stable, might ever go a bit further, but i would cool it a bit better first.

I think it is the same as an Enermax (which is also good), just under a different name...although I'm not sure about that.
                      im not too sure on that either. but i would think not. only because the thermaltake ones are a lot cheaper. although i hope you are right. Thermaltake are a good brand though so I imagine it would be ok, was lookin at one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by swinger
                        does the 8mb cache make a lot of difference for gaming? never used one before. wondered if it was worth it.
                        from what I've heard it does make a difference with gaming, but obviously not as much as a new video card :)

i don't have any benchmarks on hand, but I'm sure you could find a few if you scrounge around on the net

Comment

Working...
                        X