56k modem recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56k modem recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good quality dialup modem.There are just too many choices and price range,i'm alittle confused.hardware or software[internal or external]doesn't matter,I just want good reliabilty and performance.Any help or oppinions much appreciated.:shoot3:

I'm using a Creative Labs External Modem Blaster and it downloads very fast and works well. I don't know about the internal modem though, but it should be even better. I download at 5 and minumum 4 kb/s on a laptop! If I use AOL at nights, around 10 pm, it downloads at 6 consistently. I like it, this is one recommendation. My intel chipset internal modem sucks, reliable but downloads at 3 and 4 kb/s

Comment

<Digs for old PCI modem, OH! there it is> I used to use a Broadxent v.92 56k pci modem, before i got my AMR modem, its basically a creative modem with a method of quick connect, which creates less times to get online. I easily downloaded at 6-8kb/s with it on my old k6 200mhz system, it all depended on what time of the day it was for max speeds, but never less than 6, also was good at downloading multiple things. It sells for $20 at my wal-mart

Comment

When I have to use dialup, I use a Diamond Supra usb. It always seemed pretty fast and worked well with 98 and xp.

Comment

Thank you guys.: peace2:

Comment

does the network card matter when you have DSL?

Comment

Working...
            X