Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corsair Force GT and Asus M4A79T Deluxe compatabilty issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Force GT and Asus M4A79T Deluxe compatabilty issue!

Corsair Force GT and Asus M4A79T Deluxe compatabilty issue!
    I just recently installed the Corsair Force GT Sata 3 120 GB SSD hard drive on my Asus M4A79T Deluxe Motherboard and my issue is its running at approx half the speed as advertized which is Read 555 Mb,s and Write 515Mb,s My system set up is as follows AMD PhenomII BE720x3, Asus M4A79T Deluxe Bios rev 2205, G-Skill Sniper Ram/1600 8GB , Corsair Force GT Sata 3 120GB,s, WD 640 Gb, OCZ 850w PS and Windows 7 64bit Ultimate! Bios setting ACHI is Has been enable with fresh Install of Windows. Optical drives are set on Sata Ports 1 and 2 WD drive on 3 and Corsair on 4!
    Registry settings are set as follows!
    1) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
    2) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Msahci
    3) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
    4) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Pciide
    5) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
    6) Shut down
    7) Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.
    When Windows starts, it will detect the change, load the AHCI disk drivers, and do one more reboot to start up with them
    How to enable TRIM Command in Windows 7 with a Solid State Drive
    To enable or disable TRIM Command, you will need to open an Elevated Command Prompt window.
    How To Open an Elevated Command Prompt window: Click on Start Orb > Type "CMD.exe" in Search box > Right click on "CMD" and select "Run as Administrator" (If you receive a prompt confirmation, click YES)
    How to Enable TRIM Command
    In the Elevated command Prompt windows, type the following:
    fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 0
    How to Disable TRIM Command
    fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 1
    How do I know if TRIM is working in Windows 7?
    fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify
    Results explained below:
    DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Windows TRIM commands are disabled)
    DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Windows TRIM commands are enabled)

Note!! Try to set Corsair drive up on Sata 5 but does not reconize the connection of it or the WD drive? I had read an article about some AMD boards that stated that some SSD drives have to be setup with operating system on Sata 5.
    Im looking for suggestions ideas to be able to get the advertised speed of this drive and see if Ive missed any particular settings I may have overlooked!

Just a note to readers try to bear with me If you find that some of the things I ask or try to explain confusing try to look over me Ive had 2 brain surgeries and at times I have a problem trying to explain things that would have normally easy but I get confused and with my wording and all I can do is apologize its hubling for me to say this and thanks for your time!

Here are some screenshots of my benchtest if that will help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	benchtest 09022012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	756090

Re: Corsair Force GT and Asus M4A79T Deluxe compatabilty issue!

Your motherboard only has sata2 ports see here... ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M4A79T Deluxe

SB750 Chipset
    1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices
    5 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports Support RAID 0,1,5,10,JBOD
    1 x eSATA 3Gb/s ports (SATA on-the-go)*
    *Refer to user manual for the HDD Bay QVL(Qualified Vendors Lidts)

If they were sata3 ports it would say SATA 6 GB/s not SATA 3 Gb/s
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

So basically its not able to run the Corsair a full speed? It is faster of course than a mechanical hard drive but Im looking for more speed! I do have a new Gigabyte Motherboard Gigabyte 890GPA -UD3H still in the box not the newest on the market but an upgrade from my Asus board!
      I guess its time to fire it up !
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes that other motherboard has sata3 so you should see full speed out of your ssd.

I just notice your ssd is running firmware 5.0.2. This firmware has a known issue with Trim not working. Please update to firmware 5.0.3 to get trim working.
        Main Rig
        Gigabyte z87x-OC
        G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
        HiS ATI HD 6950
        CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
        Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
        EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

i doubt youd notice any real world difference from sata2 to sata3 anyway?
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

if you change boards you'll prolly want to reinstall windows anyway. Update the SSD before you install the AMD AHCI drivers. SandForce still hasn't managed to make a flashing tool that works with AMD drivers (just tried myself today and still a no-go).
            My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
            Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
            Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Im sorry I thought the 5.02 was the current update from what I saw in the registry it appeared to be enabled and the setting was correct unless Im misunderstanding what Im looking for! I appreciate your help on this helps me have a little better understanding. I was under the impression that the Corsair Force GT was backward compatable but I guess all that means with my Asus M4A79T is it will run but not at its full speed! Im not exactly disappointed at how it runs because it is a marked differance than a mechanical drive! Can you give me an idea why Sata 5 port doesnt reconize my drives when I hook up to it! And out of curiousity if I updated the bios to the current bios out which I think is 3503 would it improve board performance? I just install the 8gigs of G-Skill Sniper 1600 recently and of course that was a noticable improvement and all in all that board has been an excellant board it runs Flawless! very impressed with it but Ive got my mind set on building a new one soon with the new AMD 8150 and a Asus Sabertooth board or Gigabyte board just dont want to give of the old trusty Asus M4A79T either! Its my only hobby! As you read I had 2 brain surgeries that unfortunatly had some bad side effects at time a lot of pain and abilty to think and concentrate so my hobby keeps me occupied! Im disabled so this being my hobby is no doubt an expensive one so Im limited to what I can do and when because of funds but I enjoy it and it keeps me sane!Always trying to win things when I can and selling off computers I get at auctions refurbish them to get the cash to build me a new one! But I do appreciate you taking the time to give me a heads up on my questions here!

Comment

Originally posted by dJabba View Post
                if you change boards you'll prolly want to reinstall windows anyway. Update the SSD before you install the AMD AHCI drivers. SandForce still hasn't managed to make a flashing tool that works with AMD drivers (just tried myself today and still a no-go).
                Thanks I had planned on that reinstall waiting on a part for the Gigabyte board! So update the firmware first before the AHCI drivers thanks for the tip!

Comment

arn't the trinity cpu's out? idk if they fit your current board,not up to date on amd,
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amdcrankitup View Post
                    Im sorry I thought the 5.02 was the current update from what I saw in the registry it appeared to be enabled and the setting was correct unless Im misunderstanding what Im looking for! I appreciate your help on this helps me have a little better understanding. I was under the impression that the Corsair Force GT was backward compatable but I guess all that means with my Asus M4A79T is it will run but not at its full speed! Im not exactly disappointed at how it runs because it is a marked differance than a mechanical drive! Can you give me an idea why Sata 5 port doesnt reconize my drives when I hook up to it! And out of curiousity if I updated the bios to the current bios out which I think is 3503 would it improve board performance? I just install the 8gigs of G-Skill Sniper 1600 recently and of course that was a noticable improvement and all in all that board has been an excellant board it runs Flawless! very impressed with it but Ive got my mind set on building a new one soon with the new AMD 8150 and a Asus Sabertooth board or Gigabyte board just dont want to give of the old trusty Asus M4A79T either! Its my only hobby! As you read I had 2 brain surgeries that unfortunatly had some bad side effects at time a lot of pain and abilty to think and concentrate so my hobby keeps me occupied! Im disabled so this being my hobby is no doubt an expensive one so Im limited to what I can do and when because of funds but I enjoy it and it keeps me sane!Always trying to win things when I can and selling off computers I get at auctions refurbish them to get the cash to build me a new one! But I do appreciate you taking the time to give me a heads up on my questions here!
                    Originally posted by amdcrankitup View Post
                    Thanks I had planned on that reinstall waiting on a part for the Gigabyte board! So update the firmware first before the AHCI drivers thanks for the tip!
                    Trim not working with firmware 5.0.2 was talked about alot on corsairs forum see here TRIM broken in 5.02? - The Corsair Support Forums

Here is firmware 5.0.3 Corsair SandForce 5.03 Firmware Update - All Drives and Capacities HERE - The Corsair Support Forums

My drive would not update unless I was using MSAHCI drivers.
                    Main Rig
                    Gigabyte z87x-OC
                    HiS ATI HD 6950
                    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                    EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

That 5.03 update want on there the other day because I was on there! Hmm Well Ill download it and install it when I put that Gigabyte board together! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X