Setting up raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeradul
    Long posts are good! They generally mean that the writer has something worth reading!
    With me being an exception to the rule

Comment

nah- ;)

Comment

Thanx zeradul

I think I will definitely be sticking around on the TT forums. Love the forums and all you guys seem to be good blokes aswell with useful idea's and knowledge.

Comment

I'm kinda new to this so forgive for asking.

What if I have 3 60g hds, primary and the other 2 already has data in it, can I place them on the raid ide? Do I have to reformat? Can I use the onboard raid ide as a regular ide to connect the drives?

Thanks.

Comment

OK... firstly, the three drives will have to be formatted as a new single 'drive' when you create the RAID array. So you will lose all your data.

Secondly, Some RAID controllers do allow you to use IDE devices by themselves, where as some don't. Most of them restrict usage to hard drives only though, so you can't run a CD-ROM or anything on it.

Comment

Thanks. I have an ata 100 card that I could use to connect my cdr and dvd. I just want to take advantage of the ata 133.

Comment

If you want to know about the futility of ATA133, go look at this thread:

Comment

Working...
                X