Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster than the Current GeForce 4

Hi Guys

I have heard rumours that nVidia are working on an NV30 chipset that feature AGP 8x and therefore will be able to transport data even faster on motherboards that already have support for AGP 8x.

Have you guys heard anything about this?

I am confused :confused: NV30 (Replacing the geforce) will be a card that can utilize the 8X AGP port on the motherboard, and the mother board will give more bandwidth! I dont know if this helps.

Comment

ive heard of the NV30 i read about it at www.guru3d.com it is supposed to not have a geforce name and have 900mhz ddr memory it supposed to be awesome i guess itll be out this fall and have directx 9 support much like the ATI Radeon 9700

Comment

Ok guys... NV30 will not be a "GeForce" card ! It is the NEW card coming in December that will have a different architecture and will be much faster than any Geforce4 ti 4600(NV25U) ......possibily even faster than the new ATI Radeon 9700 PRO !

It is the first new card design from nVidia that the ex-3DFX guys have worked on / co-designed !

It will have 128-bit color precision ! (same as ATI RADEON 9700 PRO) And we all know that Carmack wanted extra colour depth for fancy effects in Doom 3.

It will be multi-gpu compatible, as were all GeForce cards since the GeForce2GTS, however it will NOT have up to 7 gpu's as rumored. It will have "only" one.
        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

We might get to see some reviews during November if we're lucky. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I hope so.
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

some more info comparing the GeForce4 to the NV30.

source: Anandtech
              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I can't wait to see games in 128-bit color !!!
                :bounce:
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

NV30 - The when of it all

Anandtech has a story on the NV30 roll out. Nvidia seems to want to set to record straight. The company be sticking to TSMC, it says it will have the NV30 by December, and a roll out probably in October, but Anand admits that ATI has a lead with the R300 and could capitalize on it heartily despite the possibility that NV30 will be ready for end of year. The article also points out some of features that Nvidia says will make NV30 a lot better than the R300.

From tomshardware.com

Comment

Damn!

Guys, how wicked will it be to see the NV30 in action. One thing though, I'm wonder if developer's have begun planning or creating programs to fully utilise the power of the NV30 GPU.

E^vol
                    Where did you hear about the NV30 possibly having 7 GPU's. I think that person that told you must have definitely been high on something.... :p

Jokes.... :cool:

Comment

DOOM III will be (I think ;)) the first game to take advantage of both the Radeon 9700 and NV30 gpu's processing power/shaders/etc.....using the newest version of direct x...9

Comment

hmmmmm.....DOOM 3 !!!!!
                        I heard about the multi-gpu rumor from a few major internet sites a few months ago...but, they're just rumors... :cry:
                        wouldn't that be insane though....
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Here are some new pics from Quakecon 2002....DOOM 3 !!!
                          PIC 1

PIC 2

SOURCE : [H]ard|OCP

This is gonna be sweet..... :snip: :snip: :snip:
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

looks sweet!

Comment

:cool: As long as the prices don't go up on the top end cards, I don't know how we can lose whether most games use the features or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X