Faster than the Current GeForce 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E^vol

Damn those 2 Doom pic's look awesome dude. Looking at pics like that just make me want to upgrade my PC.

As for the retail price of the high end gaming nVidia card I don't think they will pass the $1000 mark.... Touch Wood.

Comment

ok NV30 when released will cost in the area of 400USD. Why do I say this when I don't know it for a fact? Is every single Nvidia release (don't know about ATI) every single new release of every "new" card always costed 400 retail. When the geforce 2 ultra's first came out they were that cost. When the gefoce 3's first came out they costed that. When the geforce 4 ti's first came out they were that cost. They slowly drop the price. Hammmer will also be around 5-600 upon release. That's the new price of every AMD release. I remember the Athlon Classic 700MHz. It costed like 500USD at krex.com. Think about it.

Comment

You are exactly right about that ReSpAwN. When 400 USD is converted to AUS it works out to be approximately $730. So with tax thrown on top it works out to be at the $800 to $850 mark. I'm glad that these new cards that come out don't result in getting higher and higher in price.

I'm so damn curious about the new Athlons that will be released soon. I want to see how they compare against the mighty P4 Northwoods that have taken possession of the throne at the moment.... :?:

Comment

It is the first new card design from nVidia that the ex-3DFX guys have worked on / co-designed !
          Oh no! 3dfx went out of business for a reason, bad descision after bad descision. But I spose they had some good Electical and Computer Engineers. Hopefully they won't be allowed to make any descisions on their own. haha :p

And as I've said before, Doom3 will be the second most significant FPS ever, right behind Quake1.

It will be phenomonal. That second screenshot... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Comment

Well personally I think the hammmer will rape the P4 in every direction. Those benchmarks that were released of 800Mhz stacking up against 1.6-1.8Ghz weren't exactly real world benchmarks. That is very close though. Firstly the hammer will start at 2Ghz which I think it will start off at. Which means continueing where thouroughbred and barton will end at. Secondly lose the Pr rating system. Its so stupid even I fall for it sometimes. Also hammer might be release at $500USD

Comment

:( Do you really think that it will be that expensive?

Comment

Yes, every new hardware release is always around that price. Think about pentium 2's. K6/2's. Look at all these processors. They were all similiar in price at one point in time. I'm not talking about low end market processors. Like durons or celerons. I'm talking high end desktop processors. They were all very expensive when they first get released. I mean now you could get an AthlonXP 1600+ at newegg.com for 60 bucks. Like I said with the athlon classic. 500 dollars for a 700Mhz cpu was outragious. Its all the same now.

Comment

Ya, all new high end video cards cost $600 canadian when first released.. :cry:
                  SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                    E^vol[/size]]
                    Ya, all new high end video cards cost 0 canadian when first released.. :cry:
                    You could be here and pay $975aus. :(

Comment

Or you could go to Japan and pay 200,000 Yen !

Comment

:geek: I have lots of yen. It's just not Japanese, and can't be converted to any currency legally.:geek:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                          zeradul[/size]]
                          Or you could go to Japan and pay 200,000 Yen !
                          An unfathomable ppl them who are impress with large numbers which has a language(s) that I can't work out let alone their curency system.
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

hahahahaha.....:laugh:
                            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Hehe....

Comment

And it's a very complicated language system at that. With caste differences in which written language they learn in school.

Comment

Working...
                                X