Computer Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Suggestions

m/b = I would go with the Epox 8kha+ especially if you are gonna do any overclocking

cpu = you can get an XP for about the same price. They run a little cooler than T'birds. Probably a 1.3, but may OC to about same final speed as a T'bird.

For the front fan, I would be inclined to go with something that has a little more muscle. Just bought a 105CFM Antec 120mm fan for US$20.

For the PSU, you probably wanna consider a 350 or 400W. Again if you get into OC, you will be thankful for the extra power. If you decide to stick with the T'bird, you will need some extra fans to keep everything cool. Probably about the same for an XP.

I am sure that some of the other will chime in.

Good luck!

Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Seams were bussy chasing each our arround the forum this am...:D

Comment

From your Av, I will do well to keep a couple steps ahead of you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
        Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

OK i decided to switch the mobo to the epox 8kha+ with the 1.4 tbird. i dont want an xp mainly because im on a fixed budget here. if the 300W Athlon is not a good PSU than could someone reccomend a better one (if possible from directron.com or newegg.com) and one more thing... the epox board only has one 3 pin connector to put a case fan in but i would add another with a 4 pin psu connector. i was reccomended to get this one by a friend Thermaltake 80X80X25mm FAN, 2 Ball Bearing, 2900+/- 10% RPM, 37CFM Air Flow, with 3pin/4pin adapter. Retail. But i dont think that the 120 mm would fit in the (i dont know the word) fan holder in the front of the case (in-win s500)

thanks alot

Comment

A 400 Watt Antec is what I'm gonna get for my AMD upgrade on my AMD rig. 300 Watts isn't enough to adequately feed that CPU under pressure. It might be okay for normal use, but I would only use it for a temporary solution, with nothing like gaming going on.

Comment

I also think you shouldn't go with FIC. I've seen crap from them and refuse to ever buy them again (of course I said the same things about Creative, ATI, Abit,...:rolleyes: )

Comment

Working...
              X