No announcement yet.

Intel vs AMD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, right now is a good time to not be building a PC. With so many things right around the corner, Hammer, S-ATA, USB2.0 on everything (from now on) just to name a few. And the best part is, there are no games taking advantage of the current 'best' hardware, and even as far as video editing, not much improvement will be seen, so in short, it is a good to be saving up some cash.

Comment

lol yea true zeradul:)
      but for some ppl like me that's not a good enuf reason to not upgrade:p

Comment

Yea, well if money is no object, then you should certainly do a major upgrade every month.

Comment

lol not every month....just every few months:p
          yea but seriously if u upgrade regularly u don;'t lose much money....for e.g when i buy an 8K3A i'll be able to sell my asus for about 130-140...or even a bit more if i'm lucky....and the 8K3A is about $180aus

Comment

Well, you should keep track of how much you spend and then don't recover on the sale, you will find it is more than you think. But if that is what you are into, even down under has a free society. :D

Comment

well i;ve found upgrading say every few months rather than every year or so only cost a bit more:) it;s mainly about the timing...for e.g i sold my ti500 just b4 the GF4's came out and got about 600 for it on ebay....a week later ti500 were selling for less than 400:cheers:

Comment

Yea, those tricks can save you some money... how much did you pay for the GF3 in the first place?

Comment

ahh so now all is revealed....
                  how much did i pay for teh ti500 u ask?
                  well....it adds up to teh grand sum of 0....that's were parents come in handy:D

Comment

But you got the money for the GF3 when you sold it?
                    If so, good job;)

Comment

well im all confused now that the nforce2 motherboard is looming - i was all intel baby - lets face it my 1.8 is clearly - faster agaist ? what the fastest amd on the market the xp2200 - which is gulp...1.8 - intel goes up to 2.53 baby with 3.0 by the end of the year

NOW I WONT BUY A 3.0 - THATS FOOLS MONEY - BUT I WAS LEANING TO A 2.26 W/512 CASHE TO GET AHOLD OF THE 533 FSB ACTION - AND REALLY 2.26 BY THE END OF 2002 IS REALLY MIGHTY

now theres the confusing part - it is my destiny to build a killer - possibly portable shuttle system - with a nforce2 - with a amd 1700 athlon xp right now till the k8's drop - with ddr400 support agp4x a 333fsb(how come they claim to be the first yet intels are 'higher'? sorry im dumb)usb 2.o 5.1 surround and a gforce4mx built in - seriously thats incredible stuff with a K8 and a around oh a GB of pc3200 ram

can anyone help me decide - or talk me in or out of the shuttle pc idea- im not into wasting money! besides my video card cost more than a damn xbox or ps2 so i want my games and apps to bleed of that fat 19' black cabinet flat display monitor

1600x1200x32 till we 1600x1200x64
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      P4 1.8 w/256 L2 cache
                      D845bg w/512 mb DDR pc2100
                      Gforce4 Ti4400
                      Western Digital 100 Gb Hard Drive W/2mb Cache
                      Creative Audigy EAX / DD 5.1 - Inspire 5300 Surround Speakers
                      Twin View Enabled:
                      NEC 19' Flat display monitor + 15' Flat display monitor + tv out
                      windows xp professional
                      :cheers:

Comment

Actually at the moment ya may want to look at the Shuttle XPC SS51 Barebones System with its AGP slot. ;)
                        I hope they bring out an AGP version for the AMD system soon. :)
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by pcmkr
                          But you got the money for the GF3 when you sold it?
                          If so, good job;)
                          sorri pcmkr didn;t see your post b4:(
                          hehe yea well my parents bought me the machine...altough it's barely recognisable now:D

Comment

That's the way it should be:hammer:

Comment

damn rite:D

Comment

Ok.... by the way ill start by saying that that pic ownz man. LOL. But its true. Intel sucks ass and they can never win the hearts of the expierenced genious who overclock ****. AMD OWNZ ALL.

Comment

Working...
                                X