just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wondering

I been trying to find out what my motherboard and such is so downloaded aiada32v3.90 and ran on my system and on the cupid it said does not support SSE and to speed up system to replace cpu also on motherboard side front bus said 105 MHZ (DDR) when im using sdram and effective clock is 210 MHZ im new to this stuff so trying to learn Thanks for help

Either physically read what's printed on the motherboard (make, model and in some cases version number are usually printed on them) or download Sandra or CPU-Z.

Comment

I downloaded sandra and it didnot say who the motherboard was but according to aida32 its a pc-chips board. Did get some interesting info from sandra though it said my front side bus was overclocked to 210 when im only running pc 133 sdram sandra also told me to change some of my bios which i cant do because of pc-chips board told me that my bios could be shadowed and to check to see if it is dont know how to that but bios is flashable and that i should have that done and also upgrade my system bios .
      If i flash my bios and upgrade them will i be able to change them in bios setup afterwords. Thanks for any help

Comment

The name PCChips doesn't make things sound to good especially with that slightly overclocked FSB but download CPU-Z and tell us what it says about ya CPU and mobo though I wouldn't worry about those Sandra messages.

Comment

Well downloaded cpu-z and it couldnot tell me much about motherboard either the only program that gave me motherboard info was aiada32 and in which it gave me manufacture which was pc-chips m810LR board with chipset sis 730 s and such. All 3 programs said processor was a spitfire duron which was a 600-950 MHZ processor and sandra said i can up grade to a 1.2 GHZ processor and aiada32 said can go to a 2000 + processor but still cant do anything with bios setup so i think best thing to do is get differant MOBO and processor if i want more out of it. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

This is very likely what ya have, http://www.pcchips.com.tw/product/M810Lv90m.html, which is only suitable for up to Duron 1200's or this one, http://www.baber.com/motherboards/pc...10lr_v_8.0.htm, so take a look at ya board again and tell us which one is your's.

Comment

I think you have one of them with a "Duron Pro" or something such, which is a big scam by PCChis. Its basicaly a Duron running around 800mhz on a slightly elevated FSB. Normally these are soldered onto the mobo

Comment

Ive been on pc-chips web site and they have changed there model numbers some what and the model board i have is M810LR7 rev7.1c . I did take the side cover off of computer case and on my award bios chip it said the samething M810LR7 and pc-chips calls it now a M810L 7.1C so this is a junkie motherboard i bouhgt the whole system for $300 bucks new has pro1200+ duron with 256MHZ sdram pc133 which i have added a stick of 512 because of XP and so on have a cyber 40x16x48 combo cd burner player and have a cyber 16x DVD-rom drive with a floppy by sony ether net 10/100 lan and a modem, keyboard, mouse 1 intake fan and one out fan plus cpu fan and 400 watt ps with fan had 40 gig hard drive but i put 120 gig seagate 8MB buffer in it duron clocked at 894MHZ according to all the checkers Thanks again for all your inputs :wave:

Comment

Working...
                X