any msi kt4v or kt4 ultra owners out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any msi kt4v or kt4 ultra owners out there

well i bought my kt4v a couple months ago, and i wanna buy a new graphics card, prolly a radeon 9700 or 9500, and i was wondering if anyone had any trouble working agp 8x stable.

does it really make such a difference, or has anyone tested like 3dmark01 or 03 with 4x and 8x ratios, please let me know the difference, if there is any, on gameplay or benchmark scores...

btw i really like this mobo so far, go via and msi
    thnx in advance for replies.

i dont think that you will see a huge diff. but you cant go wrong with the 9000 series graphics card. all i can say is go fourth and try it, even at 4x you will like the results.

Comment

Yeah I have Radeon 9500 Pro 8x in a 4x slot. The card kick ass. I can run battlefield and Raven shield and all my games with everything maxed out and it still super smooth. Admittitly now I have to run in a lower resolution but only because my flat screen doesn't support higher resolutions.

Comment

thanx for replies folks,
        btw, i wouldn't buy a nvidia card, since there are so many producers and u can never be sure what ur getting. On the other hand ati is reliable since they have fewer producers and strict design standarts with their newer models.
        i have seen a bunch of 9700s and they all look the same. (Sapphire, ATI built, Hercules, Gigabyte, HIS, Elsa etc...)
        i have seen many ti4x00s and they look so much different xcept from their core and mem clocks. (some manufacturers even produce cards with faster rams than others.)

Comment

that is like telling someone not to use intel or amd.
          everyone has their own preferences and they should be stated as sutch.
          for exaple i really like my ATI.

Comment

dont get me wrong nightstalker...
            i just like the idea that all modern ati cards (9500/9700) are the same irrelevant of which manufacturer ur buying them from.
            it would be very nice for nvidia to do the same. They do build reference cards, why not tell the manufacturers to just copy it.
            Anyway, it is much better, not having to search for reviews for every single graphics cards and just look at one.

looking forward 2 the claw :hammer:

Comment

Working...
            X