X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-8KNXP Ultra = Swweeeeet.....

Man this is a KILLER MoBo.
    what more could u want.
    800FSB, Dual Channel DDR 400 (6 FECKIN SLOTS OF IT TOO), HT ready (obviously), onboard SCSI, ATA, SATA, Gigabit LAN, Trusty Realtec 6ch Audio, Dual Power system V2, this Xpress^3 thing also looks pretty cool.
    man, i gotta get me one of those.
    whats the bet they are like $500 aud.
    Cant find any online stores stocking them. Brand New by the sounds.
    Its like the SINXP but better. WOW
    [BIG KEV]Im exited[/BIG KEV]

//alias

:drool:

imagine that board togheter with one of those new fancy 9800 pro cards.. man what a ride.. it would leave just about ANYTHING crying n' out of breath in da mirror.. :eek:

:cheers:

Comment

Something I would love to have but still not inside 8KNXP Ultra : Firewire ports.

Won't need SCSI for personal PC (SCSI HDD too costly), so why should we have SCSI controller there ? Firewire ports, 2 more serial ATA ports, and lower price are good to be traded with SCSI. That would be the 8KNXP. So I would love to choose 8KNXP for my dream mobo rather than 8KNXP Ultra

I heard that 8KNXP Ultra will go about USD 350>>, while 8KNXP will go about USD 220.

Comment

HOLY ****!
        i just got an australian retailer, the first to stock them and they cost OVER 900 DOLLERIE DOOS! :D
        that is more than the most expensive processor now!

//alias

Comment

well they're 250usd roundabout in germany but in my opinion it's still expensive cos u still have to buy the processor to match the mobo to feel the power of dual ddr400,
          or, u could buy a E7205 granite bay to go with ur current fsb533 processor and overclock to fsb667 and go with dual ddr333, would cost a lot less till them cpus get cheaper every week :thumb:
          i've read about this somewhere btw

Comment

bugger dat!
            the cpus arnt that expensive, u can get a 800FSB 2.4 for about $450, 256 ddr 400 is $95 get two of them for $190, but the mobo is a killer (both pricewise and performance).
            and of course there is always backwards compatibility.

//alias

Comment

Is the AUD 900 for Ultra or non Ultra ?

I think USD 250 for 8KNXP is reasonable (as mentioned by ufuk21p), since I've found that 8SINXP1394 is about USD 200 here in Indonesia. Of course you have to pay more bucks for more feature.

My strategy is, do a regular upgrade every 2-3 month. Today i plan to upgrade my TNT2 M64 to GeForce4 Ti4200, next would be ECS L4S8A2 to 8KNXP, and next is P4 1.8 to P4 3 GHz, and so on. In that way, I always have optimal config at my PC.

Originally posted by //alias
              HOLY ****!
              i just got an australian retailer, the first to stock them and they cost OVER 900 DOLLERIE DOOS! :D
              that is more than the most expensive processor now!

//alias

Comment

I have to think about upgrading my computer every year! Cause i don't have the cash to flaunt on new stuff :( But i wish i could get the ultra and new processor to boot! But games are still working on mine fine at the mo so i think i will wait till i they totally screw up my system before i purchase i motherboard -maybe by that time the ultras price will have dropped!

ta ta

Comment

Another reason for upgrading one peripheral every 2-3 months is to prevent the peripheral's price falling very deep at the second hands market.

If I wait, let's say, 1-2 years, the old peripheral are really undervalued.

Comment

Be carefull or those retailers will have you in thier back pocket. Not always does having everyfeauture in a mobo really do anygood unless you are goin to use it. and if my addin skillz are still good I'd say if you were to use all of those features

900 mobo
                    500 latest processor
                    150 good ram
                    400 9800
                    200 good cdrw dvd combo
                    50 for fans
                    800 for good scsi
                    300 x 2 for two good satas
                    200 for good sound card
                    ?? for firewire
                    ??for usb
                    assuming you already have monitor
                    200 for big case
                    and like 150 for a reg harddive
                    60 for network router that will support 1 gigabit or maybe even more expensive you said 2 gigabit lans right?

add that all up and I'd say ur taling about 4000$
                    for comp not mentioning an LCD a good one too for that 9800 and a set of speakers and who know what else....total comes to 5,500$ us dollars... paper or plastic? :wow:

Comment

Sometimes it can be cheaper to buy from a manufacturer like multivision than build your own - which i found out. However it means i wouldn't have been able to get a wicked case.

I see what you mean Seostress - but i doubt i would sell any of my stuff second hand as thier aint many second hand dealers around- where do you sell your stuff then?

ta ta

Comment

I paid 279.00 for the 8KNXP motherboard back in June, damn great board.

Comment

It's a good board but its nothing the Abit and ASUS boards can't handle.

Comment

Working...
                          X