Gigabyte GA-7VRXP posting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-7VRXP posting problem

does anybody know why my computer will only turn on for about 2 seconds than it will turn off all of the sudden?

Is your cpu fan plugged into the correct header on the mobo? Is it turning? Many mobos will shut down very quickly if they do not detect cpu fan rpm. This prevents burning out the cpu if ti has no cooling.

Comment

I had this same problem with my 7VRXP - it ended up being that the cooler wasn't doing it's job. Make sure you have a good quality CPU cooler and be SURE it is installed corectly.

:cheers:
      <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
      Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
      Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
      2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
      80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
      </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
      Blaster Live!<br>
      Volcano 7+<br>
      GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
      19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
      </p></td></tr></table>

Comment

Hey Ichiro:

What version motherboard and what are your temp readings in bios?

Comment

He's goin' to have a problem readin' the temp in BIOS if it only stays alive for 2 seconds isn't he? :rolleyes2
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

like I said get rid of that board

Comment

Let's take a vote: All in favor of getting rid of the 7VRXP ver. 1.1 raise your hands. OK, then it's agreed.
              I RMA'd mine as soon as ver. 2 came out with new components, a clear admission that ver. 1.1 was defective. I had no faith that ver. 2 would be better and needed absolute stability, so I went to an Intel with 845G chipset. I know that's an extreme switch, but I also went from total unreliability, frequent crashes, blue screens and frustration, to complete sublime stability.

Comment

That may have been the case in some instances (a few hundred boards according to Gigabyte) but quite a few ppl out there that own these boards and have had no probs what so ever with them. 3 of them that I built myself now (1 I own myself, PC No.2 in sig, that has run 24/7 since I built it and crunches Seti units while playin' games) but ya always hear of the bad stories and little of the good ones. :smokin:

Comment

Hey Wiggo, how can you tell what version the board has?

Comment

The version is printed on the board with the model number by the nth. bridge but the suspect boards where from "C" batches which can be found on a sticker attached to the serial/parrallel port housing. The 1st 2 boards that I used were "E" batches and the recent last was a "D". ;)

Comment

Comment

You should have read this thread, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=3607 , and that would have answered ya questions. ;)

Comment

Have already read that and no it does not.

Comment

So basically wiggo you can't really tell until you get the baord in your hands? Do you think any of the batch "c" boards are being sold via internet stores?

Comment

pga1234

I returned the ver 1.1 for a 2.o and this is what I'm on right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X