Best AMD mobo :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best AMD mobo :P

Ive never used an epox but would love to.
    State whether the board is raid or not.
    A-bit :D
    0%
    Asus
    0%
    Epox
    0%
    MSi
    0%
    Gigabyte
    0%

whoops. Just choose which brand of mobo has the best support for raid and ddr333 :D

Comment

I've used plenty of EPoX 8KHA+ and 8K3A/+ motherboards and only had 1 DOA (quickly replaced) and have found them all to be stable plus they perform brilliantly when asked to get those few extra MHz out off. Teamed with Corsair XMS 3200 the 8K3A+ is a real demon. :devil win
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I like my asus a7v333. always have liked asus for their stability and great documentation as well.

Comment

Well ive never had a single problem with my SL75DRV4 (Soltek). I think its a great board, too bad its not more widely used, not such a bad OC'er either, im able to get my XP 1700+ to 1.68GHZ (on a cold day) with PC2100 ram (153FSB) and a locked chip.

Comment

I've been using Epox almost exclusively since well before their current successes in the OC'ing arena

I've started using some ECS boards recently - and if price is a consideration over OC'ing - they certainly deserve an honourable mention

I know this is off topic - but a full size ECS ATX Socket 478 MB w/533FSB support, integrated sound, LAN & RAID goes for $62USD - how can you beat that? plus - It's Purple :D

Comment

ABit has been good to me...everytime...but so much good words on EpoX i might go with them next time. Just to try them out.

I voted ABit BTW...just because its the only mobo i have worked with and haven't given me problems....yet.
              - Damien

Comment

I've had SOYO Dragons before but may I say that I am swept away by this ABIT KX7-333R!! This mobo and the Athlon XP1600+ (agoia y) makes an awesome couple! I had my system stable at 175MHz fsb and ran Prime95 for 12 hours. My temp at load were like 45c. =)

Comment

Although I voted ABIT, it was a close call between ABIT and MSI. I havent used any recent MSI boards I have used them in past and found them a joy. Stable, fairly fast and high quality.

Comment

Ive used nothing but Epox boards since I got the Duron 600 just after they came out.....have built over 10 systems for friends and family (for free) and have only had one problem (bad VIA chip)...they are superbly stable and very overclocker friendly...I couldn't go past them especially inthe value for money stakes...they are usually cheaper than the ASUS/ABIT/MSI boards

Comment

Out of those choices, EPoX is my personal favorite.. The 8KHA+ I have performs just beautiful.

However, what about SOYO. They have more than a couple of boards that outperform competetors by more than just a little.
                      Chris "Raven"
                      News Crew - TweakTown
                      <!--
                      <font size=1>
                      <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                      - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                      - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                      - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                      </font>
                      // -->
                      "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

I'm a bit of an MSI pimp, so I'll go with the MSI KT3 Ultra2-ARU

Comment

Working...
                        X