No announcement yet.

Dual AMD Motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I would take off the heatsink and put it back on but it was a ***** just putting it on in the first place. Would it make a difference that the motherboard didn't come with the screws it was supposed to and I used the screws from my other board but a few holes are open although it is completely secure. Thanks for looking into the second opinion for me.

Comment

Well I checked everything.. took off the panel and turned on the box to watch and everything runs smoothly and the heatsink/fan is tightly secure. Maybe I didn't hook something up, that could be why the temperature for the CPU is reading wrong?

Comment

Did you use a good Thermal Interface Material?

Comment

Yup I used the Artic Silver compound.

Comment

Well I just applied a small bit more silver. Didn't help. Switched back to the factory heatsink/fan.. didn't help. I've been searching through the internet and it seems even WITHOUT a compound the comp shouldn't run more than 40-50 while doing nothing. Forces me to believe the BIOS aren't showing the correct temperature.. but the Artic site says it make take several reboots for the stuff to work? Maybe if I increase my fan's rpms..

Comment

I guess you can just ignore it. I may not be quite as good with cooling as with other areas, but my understanding is the most accurate way to identify temperature is hardware. I know there are software programs to do it, but I have heard they simply don't work. Unless someone says otherwise or comes up with an idea, I suggest to just go ahead and install Windows if you really need the computer. I'll try and get the guide done tonight, but I can't guarantee anything. You can always reformat and rienstall after installing, even if it's an hour or two out of your life more than expected. It will be worth it in the long run.
              However, if you don't need the computer before tommorrow, just wait. I'll certainly be done by then.

Comment

Let me know the link to the guide once you're finished please. Thanks.

Comment

I will get to editting and fixing everything later, but I just finished the guide a few minutes ago. Until I change some stuff, you can download a .zip folder with the guide in HTML format. Later on, I will just have my page with the guide as a link and people won't need to download anything.

If you have any questions regarding the guide, please e-mail me rather than posting them here.
                  The guide can be downloaded here:
                  Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Working...
                  X