Epox 8rda+ rev 2.0 or 1.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epox 8rda+ rev 2.0 or 1.1?

I have an Epox 8rda+ and was wondering how I could tell if it is a rev 2.0 or 1.1 board. I have heard that rev 2.0 boards have a much better overclock, and since I haven't been able to get past 213x10 @ 1.8v I am thinking that I might have a rev 1.1 board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS Thanks to amd_man2003 for his help on my last question.

Look in the lower left hand corner for the revision number.

The main difference is rev2.0 added VDD changing support. (Chipset Voltage) Which allows for higher overclocks

Comment

Dang. I guess I have a rev 1.1 mobo. Oh well, thanks for your help amd_man.

Comment

Well, your CPU voltage is probably whats holding you back, not the chipset. If your cooling is suitable, take it to 1.85

Comment

never hurts to give the ram a little extra juice either

Comment

One other thing I've found also is that at around that speed if ya usin' PC3200 is that ya may need to relax the memory timings a bit to get further also.

Comment

mine is a v1.1 and it still overclocks great. it runs at 200 all the time and ive had it at 220 and that was fine too.id be willing to bet that it would run at least 230 with no problems. i think it might be able to go further than 230 with some better cooling on the chipset, but i dont need to worry bout that atm.

Comment

Working...
              X