next big amd motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZEROKOOL
    I doubt 64bit will provide any sort of performance increase another 500mhz couldnt fix. not to mention u need registerd ecc dimm's with nforce 3 PRO's there expensive and dont OC worth a ****.
    I agree 100%, all this hype will most likely end up in alot of disapointed people as usual.. :(

Opteron outsold Itanium?? :rofl:

Comment

Intel is not switching to 64 bit anytime soon. Their current lineup for the next couple years will be moving from Prescott to Tejas. They won't be working on a completely new architecture and 64 bit until at least a few more years...

Comment

Malabooboo: The KT880 is Via's answer the Nvidia Nforce2 Ultra 400 chipset.

VIA KT880 to Leave NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 Behind?X-bit

Comment

it's nf3 i'm interested in....................

Comment

Personally I'm going to wait for the 939 pin Dual Channel systems to come out, then go for DDR2, PCI-Express etc... Probably the end of next year when everything starts to settle down, and prices get sensible.

Comment

they're comin' out w/ longhorn first quarter of 2004............

Comment

sorry, but it is more like 2005 ..last time I heard anything anyway

Comment

beta 1 in the first quarter, beta 2 in the last quarter, final release, 2005..........do i care? or, will i wait?..........no
                  Gathering the right people, content and resources, IT Pro gives professionals insight into the technologies and skills needed to take on the challenges

Comment

nforce3 pro isn't the only x86-64 chipset...

AMD has their own chipset.. the AMD-8000 family

Comment

and, with only sample quantities of the nf3, we'll have to see what's up ..........:thumb:

Comment

Comment

K8T800, K8M800, K8N800, K8T890: VIA gets ready to fight for the Athlon 64 market

It's not long before AMD Athlon 64 chips arrive, so chipset makers get their heavy artillery ready to fight for the new, yet inexisting market.

For the 64-bit Athlon 64 platform VIA prepared three chipsets: desktop K8T800 and K8M800 and mobile K8N800. The latter two are already sampling, though their official announcement is scheduled only to Q4.

And we've been hearing about K8T800 for some time already, with photos posted in our news. As for K8M800, it has integrated Unichrome graphics with 200MHz core and 8-64 Mb RAM, and VIA Hyper8 that stands for the fully-fledged support of 16bit/1.6GHz Hypertransport interconnecting CPU and chipset. K8M800 is backward-compatible with K8T800 and will feature the VT8237 Southbridge.

Mobile K8N800 also has Unichrome graphics; supports external AGP; and features USB2.0, external and internal Serial ATA, 10/100 Ethernet and a modem.

The next generation of VIA's chipsets supporting PCI Express will be presented with K8T890 designed for both server Opterons, and Athlon 64. In the future we might also see the VT8239 Southbridge with 4 x S-ATA ports and 2 x IDE channels.

Digit-Life

Comment

AMD-8151 HyperTransport AGP3.0 Graphics Tunnel

This AGP3.0-compliant graphics controller offers stunning graphics performance modes up to AGP-8X. The tunnel function provides connection capability to other downstream HyperTransport technology devices, allowing greater system flexibility.

AMD-8131 HyperTransport PCI-X Tunnel

This high-speed device provides two independent, high-performance PCI-X bus bridges, integrated with a high-speed HyperTransport technology tunnel. The tunnel function provides connection capability to other downstream HyperTransport technology devices, allowing greater system flexibility.

AMD-8111 HyperTransport I/O Hub

This feature-rich core-logic component provides sophisticated I/O functionality to systems implementing HyperTransport technology.

AMD

Comment

Single-Chip Solution
                              Revolutionary single-chip solution designed for the AMD Opteron CPU enables higher-quality, full-featured motherboards and delivers maximum performance with the lowest latency. The single-chip design also means less power consumption and less heat dissipation.

Nvidia Raid
                              Provides support for RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 0+1, enabling the highest disk data transfer rates for highest system and application performance, and the highest performance fault tolerant solution for maximum data integrity. Nvidia RAID supports both SATA and ATA-133 disk controller standards.

Nvidia Enterprise-Class Networking
                              Delivers the required manageability features required by IT professions while maintaining the highest level of reliability, quality, and performance. Also delivers the highest throughput for network transfers and lower CPU utilization, resulting in lower total cost of ownership.

64-Bit Architecture
                              Nvidia nForce3 Pro provides advanced processing capabilities and system innovations for the new 64-bit AMD processor architecture.

Nvidia

Comment

M1687 North bridge Chipset supporting AMD K8 Desktop and Mobile Processor-based Platforms

Product OverviewHyperTransport Processor SupportAccelerated Graphics Port (AGP) Interface
                                Supports AGP specification V2.0, V3.0.
                                Supports 533MHz 1.5V signaling.
                                Supports 1x/2x/4x/8x AGP data transfer.
                                Maximum bandwidth 2.133 GB/s
                                Supports 64-bit upstream and 32-bit downstream addressing

HyperTransport I/O SupportPackaging
                                564-ball 31mmx31mm BGA package

ALI

Comment

Working...
                                X